Kabobgy, Counter-Service Kabob House with in the Former Meat in a Box Space on S. Washington Street - Downtown Falls Church - Closed or Rebranded

Driving by this morning, Meat In A Box is gone.  There is a place called Kabob[olo]gy in it's place and the signage says "Mediterranean cuisine."  I have no idea if it's a rebranded operation from the Meat folks or if there is a completely new regime/chef in place.

And the Smashburger has closed.  

On 4/1/2017 at 3:38 PM, weezy said:

Driving by this morning, Meat In A Box is gone.  There is a place called Kabobology in it's place and the signage says "Mediterranean cuisine."  I have no idea if it's a rebranded operation from the Meat folks or if there is a completely new regime/chef in place.

And the Smashburger has closed.  

It's a different owner - unfortunately, the kindly folks at Meat in a Box decided to close late last year.

So my best wishes to some of the nicest restaurant owners I met in Falls Church, and the best of luck to the owners of Kabobgy, who will get their own thread. I was afraid this would happen, but I wasn't sure about when - it was a good restaurant - a little too informal, a little too expensive - which is nevertheless being retired in Italic.

And here's the Dec, 2016 farewell from the Falls Church Meat in a Box Facebook page:

Screenshot 2017-04-01 at 20.31.04.png

However, this is one of the most confusing situations I've come across in awhile, because there's also a Meat in a Box in Adams Morgan, and it's the same logo, same menu (plus pizza) - I just don't know if it's the same owners. Does anyone? Here's the website for the Washington, DC location. This makes me wonder if it was a franchise to begin with; I always assumed it was an independent restaurant.

Adding to the puzzle:

Jul 11, 2013 - "Meat in a Box Now Open in Adams Morgan" on popville.com