Jump to content
curiouskitkatt

#donrockwelldotcom - Congratulations, It's a Hashtag

Recommended Posts

Back in 2005, I  arrived in DC hungry to meet like minded folks like myself. Little did I know nearly 13 years later this thread is still going strong. Now I’m looking to bridge the gap between DonRockwell.com and Instagram.

I talk to Rocks briefly, and he gave  his blessing, or he says he’s interested in me leading the way. After all, all social media experiences a wave of popularity that phases in and out. But with all of the great content on Instagram, a lightbulb went off in my head. Why not link the two forums? New updates on Instagram has a feature where you can follow #hashtags. So the next time you post, add the hashtag #donrockwelldotcom. And if you happen to be on Instagram, let me know what your handle is, and Ill follow. 

This is my first attempt at leading a social media campaign. Please be patient with me, and if you have any other suggestions on how to build momentum, I’m all ears. This too may build our Don Rockwell Community by adding members. I am hopefull.  So while introducing yourself, please let me know who you are on Instagram! Looking forward to following everyone’s rec’s!!

life_is_a_banquet, ( my handle)

kat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and so it begins. If you are on Instagram please add this hashtag to your postings so that we all can follow your posts. No matter what region of the US you reside, it doesn't matter. I started in the District, but have I have moved back to the town I grew up in, and plan on putting as much effort to expand DR.com.  We can create a guide that is more powerful, as well as influential as YELP.  Although it began here, its shall  include various areas of the country, if not world. And the topics are not limited to food. Use the tag for a new book you read, an awesome film you just saw, an art exhibition you just attended, a cookbook you just got, dinner you made, the list is endless. When I joined DR.com nearly 13 years ago, my mission was to meet like minded people who loved food as much as I do. Dr.com has become a community that I trust, and have had the honor to call many of you, friends.  Please join me , and let's make #donrockwelldotcom  trending!

#hashtag Queen,

kat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will post for free food marks the dawn of a new era of promoting restaurants, and building social media cred. Let me be crystal clear, NO POST OF MINE HAS EVER BEEN SPONSORED, or bought.  Connecting Instagram and Donrockwell.com is a means of broadening our member base, and reaching outside the DMV. Honesty, along with organic reviews are what we are proud of here on this forum, and that will not change one iota. 

#donrockwelldotcom,

kat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, FranklinDubya said:

I'll start doing this on my future IG posts!

Thank you @FranklinDubya!! He has followed through and posted using the #donrockwelldotcom, and is in the process of posting a full review from his INSTA post to  DR.COM. Good work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 1:55 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

Thank you @FranklinDubya!! He has followed through and posted using the #donrockwelldotcom, and is in the process of posting a full review from his INSTA post to  DR.COM. Good work! 

Kat, if we didn't have you, we'd need to invent you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Kat, if we didn't have you, we'd need to invent you.

Thanks, Rocks. 

I love this forum, and want to see it reach new heights. The forum deserves it. You have poured so much into it, and I just want everyone to know how valuable it can be. With each interaction I have, I casually mention this dining forum, and people are curious, and interested. If we build it, people will come. If we contribute, and culivate the platform , it will flourish. I believe this. The future is bright, Rocks. 

Eterneral Optimist,

kat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C966C4E9-5E8C-4B06-8424-7ADA32863A4B.jpeg.e7a5fb9839db7912c0a6c121d4cb8482.jpeg

This is exactly what my goal was, and it happened!! I posted my review, and the restaurant took the lead and added it to their bio. We are making progress Rockwellians!! If  you take action, and follow through, stuff happens. I am doing a happy dance. 

Dancing queen,

kat

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New (Lunar) Year, gonna try this food blogging thing again while I have the energy... My account handle is shahokun, I'll be posting reviews here and linking to pics on IG!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaho said:

New (Lunar) Year, gonna try this food blogging thing again while I have the energy... My account handle is shahokun, I'll be posting reviews here and linking to pics on IG!

awesome! please use the hashtag #donrockwelldotcom and be sure to follow the tag! Thank you for following our lead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:45 AM, curiouskitkatt said:

and so it begins. If you are on Instagram please add this hashtag to your postings so that we all can follow your posts. No matter what region of the US you reside, it doesn't matter. I started in the District, but have I have moved back to the town I grew up in, and plan on putting as much effort to expand DR.com.  We can create a guide that is more powerful, as well as influential as YELP.  Although it began here, its shall  include various areas of the country, if not world. And the topics are not limited to food. Use the tag for a new book you read, an awesome film you just saw, an art exhibition you just attended, a cookbook you just got, dinner you made, the list is endless. When I joined DR.com nearly 13 years ago, my mission was to meet like minded people who loved food as much as I do. Dr.com has become a community that I trust, and have had the honor to call many of you, friends.  Please join me , and let's make #donrockwelldotcom  trending!

#hashtag Queen,

kat

It began in January, and now in the heat of  summer we are up to nearly 300 posts that are tagged #donrockwelldotcom. I will expand use of the hashtag to all of my posts relating to food, culture, events that I attend, books that I plan on reading, as well as adventures I partake in to all social media platforms that I engage in from this point forward. I am not sure if it will prompt people to join in on the conversation on this forum, but it's worth a shot. I often wonder what impact I personally have on my community, and on occasion someone tells me that one of my post prompted them to visit a restaurant, or go out and explore food and beverage beyond their comfort zone. I had no idea how much joy that brought me.  I am truly enjoying everyone's input, and my only regret is that I am unable to  venture to all of these amazing spots that you all are featuring. I know the majority of the activity on this forum centers in the DMV, but what if am doing is effective at all, the conversation will expand beyond the beltway. Baby steps.  I was also excited to see the original announcement of the #donrockwelldotcom hashtag is the first hit when you do a google search. Woohoo!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tweaked said:

Good work Katt! 

Thank you! I can't take all of the credit. It takes a village, and btw I am enjoying your posts as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...