The Washington Post and washingtonpost.com

u-bet!

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

I have just subscribed to The Washington Post for the first time ever, solely because of Tom Boswell's amazing writing about baseball.

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 11.32.46.png

About a month ago, I finally cancelled my home delivery and went digital-only.The "Print Edition" app works great on an iPad if you want to read it and flip through the pages as if you are reading the actual printed paper (it is the app that has the black WP logo on the white background).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I have just subscribed to The Washington Post for the first time ever, solely because of Tom Boswell's amazing writing about baseball.

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 11.32.46.png

Well first of all it is remarkably inexpensive so long as you purchased via one of their many and highly visible promotions.  I am and have been for a long time a strong supporter of the Post.  A relative was a very long term Post employee and when she retired she was provided with the Eugene Meyer award given to honored Post employees.  Both Mrs Graham and Donald Graham spoke well of her and Mrs Graham really loved her (for very good reason).  Needless to say I heard many stories about the Post.  Over the long term in most cases it was a very beneficial employer to people in this area.  On top of that, of course, it has tremendous reporters, often award winners.  It has great reporting--an essential element of a democracy.

Congrats on subscribing...but alas baseball season is over (excepting the big news about signings).  Still a great local, national and international newspaper.  And really its cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Slater said:

I subscribed 2 years ago for $30 for a year of unlimited digital.  I was very surprised the next year when it auto renewed for $167.

It's now $60 for the "deluxe" membership (which includes another person) - it renews a year from now for $150 (if anyone is worried about auto-renewal, it's best to put an alert in your e-calendar so you don't forget).

On 11/1/2019 at 8:52 PM, DonRocks said:

It's now $60 for the "deluxe" membership (which includes another person) - it renews a year from now for $150 (if anyone is worried about auto-renewal, it's best to put an alert in your e-calendar so you don't forget).

Kudos to the Washington Post for not asking for credit card information from my "bonus-account friend" - that would be a really sneaky way to zing someone a year in the future, but they didn't go down that dark road.