Stone Hot Pizza, A Virginia-Based Chain with Quick Pizza in Several Locations

When this place opened in the spring, I had no interest whatsoever in trying it out even though I'm a pizzaholic.  It just looked like a place that would serve canned toppings.  However, they had a special $7 for a solo pizza with one topping and $1 for a can of soda.  I couldn't resist plus knowing that Pete's A Pizza was gone.  Well, this place is actually pretty good.  The sauce and cheese tastes good and my fresh mushroom topping hit the spot.  The crust was just okay -- a sauce and cheese delivery mechanism.  I've been there twice and it has been pretty empty.  I just hope they are getting the post-bar closing weekend crowds.  I also treasure this place because I know my pizza will always be freshly made.  I don't have to worry about getting a dried up reheated slice like I did at Pete's and at Bronx Pizza.  Please try it out bCapture.JPG.aadb358325c2f10dd48339b540cefa32.JPGefore they close for good.  I'm plan on going once a week for lunch.

There's another location at the BuildAmerica strip in Skyline / Bailey's Crossroads.  It's a pain in the butt to navigate that end of the parking lot there, so I imagine most of their business is walk-overs from the offices around there and the NOVA campus.  What I had there was pretty good, but it's been quite awhile so I can't recall specifics.

The Skyline Stone Hot has been there a long time (true about the chaotic parking lot) and is a go-to pizza spot for Muslims because it's halal. And also very very good. Saw the Clarendon on the other day and thought that was an odd location, and still too far from me for delivery :(.

I'd say Stone Hot is in more danger of expansion than going out of business: They are up to four locations. Oddly, their website says nothing about delivery, but apparently it's available, so perhaps that's through another service? (If you click on "online ordering," you go to a website run by SpeedDine which runs on Amazon, and can link with third-party ordering companies).