Little Coco's - Casual Italian Bar and Cafe by Jackie Greenbaum and Gordon Banks, 14th and Randolph Street in Petworth

On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

Little Coco's for dinner tonight. It's about 3 blocks away, so easy walk. We ate appetizer buffet, and it was tasty. Also wine. If you like their pasta (we weren't in a pasta mood tonight), Thursday is pasta and prosecco night there. So, a deal on 2 pastas with 2 salads and a bottle of wine.

Takeout from here again on Friday. We had the zeppole for apps. I had chicken wings - they are lemon garlic, and quite tasty. The boy had "Red Wine Campanella," which is described as,  "braised short rib, bacon lardons, mushrooms, caramelized onion, pecorino" All tasty.

Really, the major lack here is dessert. I am always sorry that the dessert is rarely worth eating. (I hear the tiramisu is good, but I do not like coffee in my tiramisu so that doesn't work for me.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dracisk said:

Zeppole as in these? Or is there another kind of zeppole I'm unaware of?

Oh how I wish. If so, I would eat dessert there ALL the time!

No, they call them "Fontina Zepploe," and they are described as "Italian Fritters, green onion, tomato jam." They are quite tasty, but not like those.

• Like 1

Dinner, outside on the patio. Aperitivo hour! (Scroll down for aperitivo hour menu.) Aperol spritzes! Delicious apps! Negroni for him, also a black old fashioned. So nice to go OUT.

Also, people across the patio from me, think before you talk. "I am not racist, but..." is never a good opening. And "We're in Mount Pleasant, right?" kinda indicates you have no idea where you are. Well, unless you are in Mount Pleasant. Which you are not.

• Like 2

Friday, 4 of us, inside for Aperitivo hour. They have expanded the number of tables they are using, and we saw some of our favorite staff back, which relieved us - we had hoped they were coming back. One of them told us that as of that night, they had re-opened the bar. Very exciting.

Well, back to eating outside. So, dinner Saturday. 2 of us. Split an app - they are making the zeppole with jalapeño and corn right now. Was VERY tasty. Then I had "roasted garlic casarecce with shallots, prosciutto, broccoli, and pecorino." He had "Fra diavolo risotto with scallops and calamari." Also good drinks. The drinks and apps are the best things here. The wine list prices have gone up too much I think but we found an affordable basic bottle.

• Like 1