ChiMc Annandale - An Independent Korean Fried Chicken and Beer Shack in Annandale - Separate from the Korean-Based ChiMc Franchises

ChiMc is small and a little run down, in a small shopping strip with a pizza joint, a happy ending massage place and a bolivian joint.  It is also a mile from our new abode.  

We get a small half and half {spicy & soy}. The coating is much thinner than at Pelicana, the spicy is really spicy.  Standard beers.  We do the call ahead for the chicken but I would recommend waiting only 25 minutes if they quote you 35. 

The surprise here is the kimchee fried rice which is a little greasy and very good.  

Again, a lot of stuff on the menu that we have yet to try.

Recommended but we prefer Pellicana. We will be regulars at ChiMc for this nights we don't want loud or when the 3 minute drive is just too tempting compared to the 7 minute drive.  And if we are out to get plastered, we can walk.

• Like 1

Chi Mc was firing on all cylinders this past Saturday.  Every wing juicy, meaty, nothing over-fried or over sauced (have had this issue with Bon Chon and Pelicana, respectively). Fried gizzards were an unexpected hit with 5- and 7- yeah old as well. 

2 hours ago, yeah said:

an unexpected hit with 5- and 7- yeah old as well. 

😋 yeah, which location did you try? It's actually an important question, and here's why:

The ChiMc franchise (chain?) is now in Fort Belvoir, Vienna, and Chantilly. The Annandale location of "ChiMc Annandale" is no longer part of this company - for whatever reason, they parted ways, and are independently owned (this could be good or bad, but it will almost surely be different). Each will get its own thread.

ChiMc's website is here, and ChiMc Annandale's website is here.

(Note my cursor towards the top-right of this screen shot.)

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 12.24.05.png

5 hours ago, yeah said:

This was the Annandale one.  Interesting history of that location, from being the area's first BonChon location to becoming Chi Mc and now "Chi Mc in name only."

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that, because they were the first to open in the US, they had some sort of contractual clause which allowed them to keep the name, but break ties with the mothership - I suspect this didn't sit well with corporate headquarters (although they could be family members), but it could be really good news for Annandale residents who are looking for something more than carbon-copy KFC - if you look at ChiMc Annandale's menu, it's taking some chances.