Dining near the Key Bridge

Walrus

Today I don't have to be in the office, but I have some paper work (editing) to do. I would like to find a quiet but tasty place, preferably in Georgetown (i.e., a nice walking distance from Arlington), where I can sit and have lunch and then linger a while to work. I was hoping that it would be sunny and warm so that I could sit outside, but that's obviously not the case. Any ideas?

Today I don't have to be in the office, but I have some paper work (editing) to do. I would like to find a quiet but tasty place, preferably in Georgetown (i.e., a nice walking distance from Arlington), where I can sit and have lunch and then linger a while to work. I was hoping that it would be sunny and warm so that I could sit outside, but that's obviously not the case. Any ideas?

BP so you can have a couple of good beer to ease the editing.

I'm on Lee Highway, about a 10-min walk from Clarendon...

MDT, I like your BP idea! What's the basement like?

That's where my girlfriend lives. We do a lot of walking through Arlington and around the area to get chow. We tend to head towards courthouse a lot, but for Georgetown you might consider the Tombs for lunch. I've always had really good lunch fare there.

I'm on Lee Highway, about a 10-min walk from Clarendon...

MDT, I like your BP idea! What's the basement like?

Like this, only with people in it. It would be a really good place to sit and get work done, provided you're not doing it around happy hour time.

photo_room.jpg

The basement has its own hours, though you could get beer upstairs before then. I just called and the basement beer bar opens at 5 PM. That's what I thought the sign said, but I couldn't remember.

Playing edit catchup here... The general hours for PP are Mon-Thurs: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm

Fri-Sat: 11:30 am to midnight

Sun: noon to 10:00 pm

It turned out that outdoors would have been fine, but I did descend into The Tombs. The food was fine -- I had tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich -- and the Tombs beer was nice, especially in a chilled mug. There were too many LOUD people sat in my room, which was distracting, so I wouldn't go there for working again, especially on a nice spring day, but I would definitely give it a shot for affordable, tasty bar food in Georgetown (a miracle in itself).

It turned out that outdoors would have been fine, but I did descend into The Tombs. The food was fine -- I had tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich -- and the Tombs beer was nice, especially in a chilled mug. There were too many LOUD people sat in my room, which was distracting, so I wouldn't go there for working again, especially on a nice spring day, but I would definitely give it a shot for affordable, tasty bar food in Georgetown (a miracle in itself).
glad you enjoyed it. can't control the other folks in a bar during the daytime, but the food is good for what it is and i've always liked it as a random georgetown lunch spot.