Super Chicken, Local Pollo a la Brasa Chain with Several Maryland and Virginia Locations

I´m still hanging on to my super chicken

Oh, believe me, I'm all about the Super Chicken. But they close earlier, and if I'm

going to *eat in*, I prefer EPR to Super Chicken. The latter is for taking over to my

friends house and eating while standing up in the kitchen so we can taunt the cat.

Which is why I was El Pollo Rico again last night. Mmm, fries and drumsticks.

wait. Has anyone done a comparison of the super chicken in wheaton to the super chicken in falls church? I've only been to the latter one, and while it has much to recommend it (good spices, nice skin, better side : plantains, fried yucca, fried rice), the parking lot and the eat-in area is *tiny*. Also, their hours are more like guidelines rather than guarantees. Which is why I generally only ever take out from there. Which means I have to be in falls church in the first place.

Super Chicken now has a location in Tysons Corner in the same shopping plaza as Marshall's and Home Goods. I tried it for the first time and was very pleased. The chicken, both the white meat and the dark meat, were juicy and flavorful. The rub/marinade that they use definitely has a strong cumin flavor (which I like). My sides of chickpeas and fried rice were terrific as well, although the fried rice was a little too dry. This is my first experience with Peruvian chicken, so I have no basis of comparison to other Peruvian chicken joints. Given how good this meal was, and its convenience (despite the construction hell going on right there on Route 7), I will definitely be returning.

Went to the Super Chicken in Falls Church for lunch today. In addition to their normal menu, they have some stuff on a steam table, including a tripe and potato stew (which I believe is called a tripe cau- cau). The tripe itself tasted clean. The stew as a whole tasted pretty good - although I never actually had tripe cau-cau before and can't say how it compares to others. I tend to like tripe heavily seasoned, and this one is pretty mild flavor-wise. According to wikipedia, the tripe is "seasoned by a mixture of sauteed onions, garlic, yellow aji, a pinch of turmeric, salt and pepper and chunks of boiled potatoes." The whole-fried tiliapia didn't have much going for it (stick with the chicken).

Went to the Super Chicken in Falls Church for lunch today. In addition to their normal menu, they have some stuff on a steam table, including a tripe and potato stew (which I believe is called a tripe cau- cau). The tripe itself tasted clean. The stew as a whole tasted pretty good - although I never actually had tripe cau-cau before and can't say how it compares to others. I tend to like tripe heavily seasoned, and this one is pretty mild flavor-wise. According to wikipedia, the tripe is "seasoned by a mixture of sauteed onions, garlic, yellow aji, a pinch of turmeric, salt and pepper and chunks of boiled potatoes." The whole-fried tiliapia didn't have much going for it (stick with the chicken).

I noticed a new one in Tysons Corner (near Sports Authority) the other day (and I'm sorry, but anything towards the DC side of the rocket ship-shaped Sheraton is Tysons Corner, not Vienna) - does anyone know how many there are now in the DC area?

I've lost my chokehold on Super Chicken.

I noticed a new one in Tysons Corner (near Sports Authority).

We've been there a few times - it's new, clean, and has lots of parking, but nothing off menu. The location at Tysons and the location at Falls Church might have the same menu but the atmosphere is quite different. Falls Church looks like a dive, and Tysons looks like a corporate chain. I refer to everything in that area, whether north or south of route 7, as Tysons, although they used to be either McLean (northside of 7) or Vienna (southside of 7).

The Super Chicken in Tysons, which my coworkers and I are obsessed with along with Food Corner Kabob House, makes a mean lomo saltado, carne asada, and even a good quesadilla. I also think they have the best sides of any peruvian chicken operation, both in variety and quality. As you can tell, I'm a "Super" fan.