Saturday Dinner - Dupont to Cleveland Park

qwertyy

Dad's rolling into town Saturday, and I'm drawing a complete blank on where to go for dinner, anywhere from Dupont up to Cleveland Park. He requires a good beer list (preferably taps), and I require a place I can make a 7 o'clock reservation and that we can have a nice laid-back meal. Cashion's is usually my go-to, but their beer list is disappointing. Ideas?

Dad's rolling into town Saturday, and I'm drawing a complete blank on where to go for dinner, anywhere from Dupont up to Cleveland Park. He requires a good beer list (preferably taps), and I require a place I can make a 7 o'clock reservation and that we can have a nice laid-back meal. Cashion's is usually my go-to, but their beer list is disappointing. Ideas?
If you're up for something simple, Bourbon usually has decent taps, and the Reef has my favorite taps in Adams Morgan, though again you're getting slightly better than average bar food

If you're up for something simple, Bourbon usually has decent taps, and the Reef has my favorite taps in Adams Morgan, though again you're getting slightly better than average bar food

I think that the Reef--while being one of my favorite bars--at 7:00 on a Saturday night is probably not the vibe I'm looking for. Is Bourbon more "civilized" around that time, or would it be a zoo too?

I can't think of anyplace with decent taps in that geography except for crazy places in AM. This just makes me think... Chevy Chase Liquors stop and over to Dino if Dean would let you do corkage with beer instead of wine - though the ratio of beer price to corkage fee might be a bit too crazy.

I can't think of anyplace with decent taps in that geography except for crazy places in AM. This just makes me think... Chevy Chase Liquors stop and over to Dino if Dean would let you do corkage with beer instead of wine - though the ratio of beer price to corkage fee might be a bit too crazy.

"Cap-age"? :lol:

Does anyone know what the beer list looks like at Mark and Orlando's? I have only ever been at lunch when drinking needs to be kept to a minimum, but if they have decent drafts they would certainly get my vote to meet your other requirements.

Does anyone know what the beer list looks like at Mark and Orlando's? I have only ever been at lunch when drinking needs to be kept to a minimum, but if they have decent drafts they would certainly get my vote to meet your other requirements.

IIRC, Mark and Orlando's does not have anything on tap. However on my last visit I remember there bottles being solid - nothing that would sendanyone over he moon, but certainly better than standard.

IIRC, Mark and Orlando's does not have anything on tap. However on my last visit I remember there bottles being solid - nothing that would sendanyone over he moon, but certainly better than standard.

There were indeed a small handful of interesting bottles last time I was there (6mo+). I vaguely recall there being a dunkelweizen from a brewery that you don't see much of. Can't recall, but it was enjoyable.

I just had another thought- what about Firefly?

I just had another thought- what about Firefly?

How's their beer list? I usually have mixed drinks there.

But dad has already rolled in and out of town, so the occasion has passed. But in a larger sense, the lack of good beer in the heart of town is seriously bleak. Why on earth is that? We ended up giving up on the idea for Saturday and went to Brasserie Beck Monday for a truly excellent food-and-beer experience. That beer list is a thing of beauty. Why had I never been there before???