Farrah Olivia, The Source, or Indebleu?

i'm trying to pick between 3 restaurants for dinner later this week. i haven't been to any of them but i've wanted to try them all for a while now. the 3 are the source, farrah olivia, and indebleu. what are your thoughts about their food/ atmosphere/ price?

i posted this in help needed but didn't get much of a response so i thought i'd look her for some help.

i'm trying to pick between 3 restaurants for dinner later this week. i haven't been to any of them but i've wanted to try them all for a while now. the 3 are the source, farrah olivia, and indebleu. what are your thoughts about their food/ atmosphere/ price?

THANK YOU!

Unfortunately, I'm not current on The Source - this prompts me to rectify that in the near future.

My thoughts on Indebleu are here.

I had dinner at Farrah Olivia three nights ago, and I think it's the most creative, innovative cooking in Alexandria. The five-course tasting menu is $65, but I'd go with the seven-course for $75 to get a better idea of the brilliant work Morou Ouattara is putting out. And yes, Morou is in the kitchen almost every single night. It's hard to believe the restaurant of an Iron Chef can be termed "underrated," but that's exactly what Farrah Olivia currently is. The food is unique, and really beyond comparison, but it's something of a cross between Minibar and The Oval Room. As an added bonus, there's a Chinon Rosé on the wine list for, amazingly, $20 a bottle that works very well throughout the entire meal, even with the chocolate truffle at the end. You won't go wrong with any of these restaurants, but I'm recommending Farrah Olivia simply because this restaurant has flown under the radar for too long.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Full disclosure: I have not yet made it to the Source or Indebleu!

But Morou's cooking never fails to amaze me. I've enjoyed every single dish I've ever had there thoroughly. It's my go-to place to take people for special occasions.

I went to the Source a while after it opened, and while I can say that I *do* remember that everything was well-executed, service was good, and I had a thoroughly pleasant evening with friends... I could not have told you the next day what I ate. Also, aesthetically, I find the place too prettily sterile and studied.

Also, I understand *why* they put TVs over in the nook by the bathrooms (to give someone a easy and plausible way to wait rather than stare at the ceiling clearing ones throat repeatedly, or sulk back to ones table)... there are televisions. by. the bathrooms. Argh.

It was competent. But there is a long list of restaurants I'll need to go to before I'm inclined to go back.

I have not been to Indebleu since the changes, but this seems like a pretty easy answer to me, I would pick Farrah Olivia. I really liked The Source as well, but I am pretty sure that my bill was double at The Source as it was at Farrah Olivia, and we had a pretty similar number of dishes and drinks. Hell, even if price is no object, I liked Farrah Olivia a bit better.