Gyro Cart, Downtown - Closed (Or Wheeled Elsewhere)

But probably not worth going out of your way.

from my perch, i could literally spit on the gyro cart. but nobody around here can tell me anything about it. i think this is its first week in that spot, and the next gyro i plan on eating will be at st. sophia's picnic in a couple of weeks, which is not too much farther away from me than spitting distance. they have the largest variety of greek pastries i know about, although i have never been in a greek bakery.

the next gyro i plan on eating will be at st. sophia's picnic in a couple of weeks, which is not too much farther away from me than spitting distance. they have the largest variety of greek pastries i know about, although i have never been in a greek bakery.

This is the festival up by Wisconsin and Massachusetts?

from my perch, i could literally spit on the gyro cart. but nobody around here can tell me anything about it. i think this is its first week in that spot, and the next gyro i plan on eating will be at st. sophia's picnic in a couple of weeks, which is not too much farther away from me than spitting distance. they have the largest variety of greek pastries i know about, although i have never been in a greek bakery.
It just opened on Monday. I feel like most people are very hesitant to buy anything but packaged goods from the street carts. My friend and I eat at the Korean cart pretty regularly, and everyone always asks us where we got the food, but when it comes down to it none of them can be bothered. So that might be part of it. I would say it's definitely not as complex as the Greek Deli version.

I only had one bite so I can't do the best compare and contrast. I think there is some sort of... I don't what else to call it... gyro federation, where I think there's some standardized gyro meat. If I recall that's what they have at Marathon in College Park, but at least the toppings here seem superior. And I thought it was a little bit more crisp on the edges than Zorba's.

I think there is some sort of... I don't what else to call it... gyro federation, where I think there's some standardized gyro meat. If I recall that's what they have at Marathon in College Park, but at least the toppings here seem superior. And I thought it was a little bit more crisp on the edges than Zorba's.
federation? more like monopoly --kronos

federation? more like monopoly --kronos

ahhh, the old cone of pressed meat product. when I was at SUNY Albany there was an Israeli take out joint and the dude would have an actually leg of lamb spinning on the spit roaster...that was some good shite!

15th and M might be a little too far to walk for pressed meat cone, but I would support gyro cart, if said gyro cart also was a falafel cart! Is this dude just doing gyro or are there any falafel to be had?