Bertucci's Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - Massachusetts Italian Chain Kneads to Raise Dough

DaveO

There is/was one in Columbia MD in the late 90s, pretty sure it was there at least a few years ago still. Enjoyed their Sporkie pie a number of times, but mostly as carryout - why? Noise, kids/babies, the beginning of my intolerance for waiting for a table, Columbia (lol).

A little surprised to see that some others “sort of liked it” which is the way I viewed it.   For work I used to traverse the region including North of Baltimore and a lesser amount into the Richmond area.  There were a fair amount of Bertucci’s spread around this mid-Atlantic region.  I suppose it was somewhere in the style of all the Applebee’s and Olive Gardens et al around this region and nationwide.  I preferred those places to fast food or the complete unknown.   I guess I found Bertucci’s a cut above the others, the comparables;  pretty good pizza pretty good pasta dishes.  When working at a further distance I could get a better meal, take notes, have a pop or cocktail- somewhat better food, easy priced—immeasurably better than fast food.

A little surprised to see that others found it acceptable.  Anyway now there appears to be one in Springfield, DC, Columbia and some North of Baltimore—many fewer than used to exist in this region.   Adios.