Yogiberry, Several Area Locations with More To Come

and they're all in the same locations...Reston, Georgetown, Dupont, Bethesda...I'd like to see one of them open one in Silver Spring.

Yesterday while on a trip to BJ Pumpernickel's I spotted Yogiberry in the Olney Town Center. I was too stuffed with deli to give it a try, but from the following thread, it looks like the new tangy frozen yogurt trend has spread to northern MoCo: http://www.yelp.com/biz/yogiberry-olney

Yogiberry's website also lists new locations coming soon to Cleveland Park and Federal Plaza in Rockville.

Does anybody know the origin of the X-berry designation for fro-yo joints? I always assumed that there was no significance except places trying to cash in on the Pinkberry name recognition, but it sure is rampant. Just pray that Rep. Dingell doesn't decide to open a shop in D.C.!

Pretty sure it's just the Pinkberry association that has spawned the x-berry knockoffs.

Pinkberry's suing Yogiberry along with a few others.

I've been to the Cleveland Park yogiberry several times now and it is pretty good. I find there chocolate and berry flavors while still somewhat tangy, yougurty less so than Tangysweet and closer to old style fro-yo (still not as sweet though). Not as big a fan of the original or green tea. Lately I've been getting swirl of chocolate and berry. My favorite topping by far is the mochi - a sweetened rice cake that is chopped into pieces which end up tasting like a less sweet chewier gummy bear (without the fruit flavor). My wife really loves this shop and typically get chocolate with mini-M&Ms.

Maybe I'm too critical, however the price list at the Rockville Location listed 5oz yogurt for $2.95. I requested Green Tea and then the attendant pointed to the $1.00 extra for Green Tea. The price list is deceptive. I bolted. Never to go back there again. The management should know how to make a proper sign. I don't have a problem if they want to charge extra for the Green Tea flavor, they just should have made the price sign in a non deceptive manner.

The one in Shirlington is by the ounce -- you can pump your own yogurt from the various flavors along the wall and add your own toppings.

As is the one in Bethesda. I can't believe the county health dept is particularly fond of it. If you're a germaphobe, I would stay away from this place and its self-serve toppings.

As is the one in Bethesda. I can't believe the county health dept is particularly fond of it. If you're a germaphobe, I would stay away from this place and its self-serve toppings.

Eh? How is this any different than the 'fixins bar' at Amsterdam Falafelshop, or for that matter, any food buffet or even a salad bar at a grocery store? I've never been so I can't visualize it, but do-it-yourself toppings are extremely common - what am I missing?

I don't see the difference either, the Schezhuan (sp?) soup place in Merrifield comes to mind. They have a sauce bar where you mix your own.

Does Lawrence Peter (Yogi) Berra have a role in these places, or did they just highjack his name?

Eh? How is this any different than the 'fixins bar' at Amsterdam Falafelshop, or for that matter, any food buffet or even a salad bar at a grocery store? I've never been so I can't visualize it, but do-it-yourself toppings are extremely common - what am I missing?

Toddlers. I love my toddler. I love all toddlers, but they aren't always so interested in using the proper utensils to dish out their m&m's or gummy worms. And amid the fast-moving chaos of Yogiberry, I have seen many a parent simply throw their hands up when little Bobby digs in for a handful of peanut butter cups. I've seen fewer (though not zero) people dipping their paws into the mesclun bowl at Whole Foods. Amsterdam falafel is probably somewhere in between given the varying sobriety of their clientele.

P.S. I suspect, though I do not know for sure, that the county health dept is generally not a fan of all self-service food bars.