Where do I spend this snowy day

hillvalley

Off the top of my head ... Nava Thai, Max's Kosher Cafe (Wheaton Metro Stop), Ray's The Classics, Negril (Silver Spring), Takoma Station Tavern (Takoma), Johnny's Half Shell, Taqueria Nacionale (Union Station), Nandos, Momiji, Zaytinya (Gallery Place), Cafe du Parc (Metro Center), Siroc (McPherson Square), Science Club (Farragut North), Firefly (Dupont Circle), Open City (Woodley Park), Bardeo, Indique (Cleveland Park), Murasaki (Tenleytown), Sushi Ko, Indique Heights (Friendship Heights), Grapeseed, Visions (Bethesda), Urban Bar-B-Q (Twinbrook), Bobby's Crab Cakes (Rockville)

I haven't tried their waffles, but Locolat is somewhat metro-accessible at the edge of Dupont, and I've heard they're very good. For some reason, this is the only place off the top of my head, as who can complain about hanging out around chocolate, coffee and food?

Who has the best hot chocolate?
Ray's - but its not on the menu. (DR - feel free to delete this end run around the closed Ray's topic).

Speaking for myself, I had lunch today at the Dogfish Head Ale House in 7 Corners. Cream of Crab soup was too corn starchy-thick, burger was serviceable (@ $2.00 off), 75-minute IPAs were great, and service from Jessica at the bar was outstanding. (Granted, I was one of about 10 patrons in the entire place, but still...)

Some of us, unfortunately, spent the day at home w/ children, dispensing hot chocolate. I was looking forward to going back to work (p/t, at a garden center) for the first time in 2 months, alas, it was not meant to be.

We had leftovers & frozen pepperoni pizza for lunch (I was shocked to find I had picked up Stouffer's supreme french bread pizza accidently, instead of pepperoni-I'm screwed, the kids won't eat this, maybe I can persuade my husband to take it in for lunch). Tonight, courtesy of my daughter (they're taking turns cooking), we're having grilled chicken thighs, rice, & broccoli. Last night, my son made pan-grilled ribeye steaks, risotto, & peas (& he makes a great risotto). I took a class w/ Roberto Donna at Bebo (it was wonderful!) & made my class notes available to my son-we are both amazed at how much stock the rice sucks up, it's a patient exercise, I have an attractive Mario Batali beechwood spoon to pass the time with (don't know that it's any better than plastic, but it's pretty). I so hope that they go back to school tomorrow, though...