Hoang's Grill and Sushi Bar, Pan-Asian at 502 W. Broad Street in Falls Church - Closed

Had a few business related meals and my company's Christmas Party at Hoang's in Falls Church. I'm surprised it hasn't been written about, but I think I understand that. With all the genuine Asian food available all over the Falls Church area, this little restaurant would never really be my first choice. But if I had a "Pan-Asian" choice strictly PF Chang's and Hoang's, I would pick Hoang's in a heartbeat. Add Cafe Asia to the mix and I would pick Cafe Asia for food, Hoang's for atmosphere/ambiance and PF Chang's for service.

The food here is credible, not special. The lunchtime menu is a once-over Asia, and the flavors are fresh and bright. But if you have a real hankering for Thai, or Chinese, or Vietnamese, then go to one of the many options available all over Falls Church.

Had a few business related meals and my company's Christmas Party at Hoang's in Falls Church. I'm surprised it hasn't been written about, but I think I understand that. With all the genuine Asian food available all over the Falls Church area, this little restaurant would never really be my first choice. But if I had a "Pan-Asian" choice strictly PF Chang's and Hoang's, I would pick Hoang's in a heartbeat. Add Cafe Asia to the mix and I would pick Cafe Asia for food, Hoang's for atmosphere/ambiance and PF Chang's for service.

The food here is credible, not special. The lunchtime menu is a once-over Asia, and the flavors are fresh and bright. But if you have a real hankering for Thai, or Chinese, or Vietnamese, then go to one of the many options available all over Falls Church.

Very nice space, very mediocre food. Surprised it's still there in this economy. The rent can't be cheap.

I may have forgotten to mention that the service was spotty, and that's being generous. We were ready for our check and the waitress disappeared for something like 15-20 minutes. I agree with your assessment, especially considering all the 'genuine' Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai and Japanese within a mile or two....

Very nice space, very mediocre food.

This sums up how I felt about here--the viewpoint really hasn't changed much in three years. Little man and I dined here last night with a friend and her daughter; she picked, since her daughter is the pickier eater and likes the food here.

The food is a bit overpriced for what you get. For $12.95 of lemongrass chicken, it came out with 3 skewers of thin-ish sliced marinaded chicken, with mostly a salad (plus two broccoli and one cauliflower florets) making up the entree. I was a bit disappointed, especially since what we were charged was for Four Sisters-type of prices, but not up to that par in flavor (even 4S is a bit expensive for me, so I feel really a bit miffed here). Having gotten that out of the way, it isn't bad, but I felt like the price-to-amount-of-food ratio was very off.

The bill total: two maki rolls, one kids' teriyaki, two summer rolls, one chicken dish, plus 1 glass of pinot gricio was $43 and change, pre-tax and tip. One can definitely eat cheaper and better at Eden Center, I think.

Carry on, please.

Does anyone know if Hoang's Grill & Sushi Bar took the place of the old Amasia Bistro? Both were located at 502 W. Broad St. - I'm just unsure whether or not Amasia Bistro was located in Suite #5 (the space in the southwestern corner of the building).

Regardless, here is the official closure announcement on their website:

post-2-0-27823500-1438452930_thumb.png (Thanks, AL)

Hoang's has been replaced by The Locker Room Sports Bar & Grill.