Lunch, Penn Quarter

DanielK

Closest places seem to be Capital Grille, The Source, Le Paradou, D'Acqua, none of which I think offer a reasonably quick and cheap lunch.

I probably need to stay at $15 or under. What's cheap and good in that area, and walkable from 6th and PA on a lunch hour? Razzes to whomever proposes Cosi or Au Bon Pain.

Closest places seem to be Capital Grille, The Source, Le Paradou, D'Acqua, none of which I think offer a reasonably quick and cheap lunch.

I probably need to stay at $15 or under. What's cheap and good in that area, and walkable from 6th and PA on a lunch hour? Razzes to whomever proposes Cosi or Au Bon Pain.

For just you, or for a group of people?

Bar at Proof

Jaleo (special lunch menu)

Rasika

if all you want is a sandwich, Clydes on the Walk is pretty good and its cheap

I assume "lunch hour" was literal, and that sitting at the bar at Proof would take too much time. If you've got more time, that's seconded.

If takeout is the game, Teaism is a good call. Potato Valley Cafe is also nearby (http://www.potatovalley.net/locations.cfm) but I wasn't crazy about it the only time I walked down there. See link in sig for more options if you've got time to walk up into Chinatown.

It's just 2 of us, and while an hour is the target, nobody's punching the clock. Not takeout.

Proof, however, is probably a bit too much. Plus, I wouldn't be able to resist the wine instead of soft drink, and that would not be good.

Teaism is a good idea, and I've yet to hit Nando's so those are good ideas. Jaleo might work - what about Oyamel? Chinatown is definitely doable, though I'm pretty burned out on most of the places there these days.