A Late Night Meal After The Reel

Gastro888

Hi all:

I don't know this section of town very well, I'm afraid and was curious to know what good eats are nearby. I know Chinatown is about 4 blocks away (correct?) and I can find decent eats there but I'd like to know what late-night dining options are near the cinema. Forgive my ignorance but what section of town is this - is this near Penn Quarter? What are the reasonably priced good eats near the cinema?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi all:

I don't know this section of town very well, I'm afraid and was curious to know what good eats are nearby.  I know Chinatown is about 4 blocks away (correct?) and I can find decent eats there but I'd like to know what late-night dining options are near the cinema.  Forgive my ignorance but what section of town is this - is this near Penn Quarter?  What are the reasonably priced good eats near the cinema?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bistro d'oc

I work in the E Street building- I'd also add to the suggestions Ortanique, Ella's and

Acadiana is less than a 10 minute walk. And a little closer to China Town are Ginger Cove, Poste, Zola, Cafe Atlantico- etc. (all still in the less than 10 minute range). Ella's is probably the most reasonable unless you're looking just to order apps.

Edited by nyani

I have never done this, but I understand that there is a late-night "happy hour" (with 1/2 price raw oysters) at Old Ebbitt Grill.  A bit of a hike from E street, but not too bad.

It is only 4 blocks west and 1 block north, not much of a hike considering what is available. Take the relaxing walk and enjoy!

Oooh, pasta.  YUM.

Well, we'll probably be eating 'round 9:30-10ish.  Carbs late at night are deadly.  :lol:  

The 1/2 priced oysters sounds yummy, too.  Wow, thanks y'all!

Keep in mind Ebbitt's oysters are half price only Monday through Thursday, 3-6 and 11 til 1 am. Also Monday being Columbus Day, I don't think they'll have them then.

But Tosca gets my vote too. You know, checking out their menu, I never realized how expensive their normal menu is. When you do the pre-theater menu, it's $32 for three courses, and many of the entrees themselves are around 30 bucks.