Catering for Office Near Dupont

DanCole42

I have an office party coming up for about 18 people in Dupont. Looking to spent not much more than $10pp total. We used to use Washington Deli, but I'm open to anything (although pizza is traditional). Thanks!

I used The Greek Deli a lot, but it's been several years so I'm not sure about prices now. They never failed to please, I'll tell ya!

Bread and Brew's catering spread sample for my office was nicely done and I don't think they are that much.

Taylor's Gourmet Deli (though a bit far from you) does catering for $7.50/pp, iirc.

sparkycom might be able to help you out if you use her Fresh Start Catering and you'll be supporting DCCK.

PS. Should this be in the catering thread??

PS. Should this be in the catering thread??

Eventually, but while actively seeking advice, users get more responses in the Help Needed forum.

Dan, why DO you try to help them? :)

If not sandwiches and not pizza, what will they eat? That might help narrow things down.

Luigi's? Would they eat pasta?

Pasta is usually great bang-for-the-buck. I can't speak to District prices, but last month I put together a racetrack event about 70 miles west of here and absolutely stuffed 60+ attendees for under $16 a head. The lasagna contained plenty of meat, so the tortellini gave me both a vegetarian option, and some variety for the omnivores. Whatever the caterer's estimates are for portions-per-tray, tweak them based on your observations of people's actual eating habits. I cut my salad and dessert numbers by about a third but went long on the pasta, and had a reasonable amount of overage...except dessert, which I could have slashed even further. Also, we were active and outdoors all day; I'd adjust amounts down another 20% for an office crowd.

Cost summary:

(Mezzaluna Cafe, Charles Town WV)

Antipasti assortment ......................... 2 trays @ $75 $150

Garden salad ................................. 3 trays @ $40 $120

Lasagna (serves 12-15) ....................... 3 trays @ $70 $210

Tortellini Fiorentina (serves 12-15) ......... 2 trays @ $85 $170

Garlic bread knots ............................ 1 tray @ $30 $ 30

Plain bread knots ............................. 1 tray @ $30 $ 30

(Royal Bagel Bakery, Germantown MD)

Assorted pastries & dessert ...... 2 "brunch platters" @ $40 $79.90

pretax subtotal ........................................... $789.90

Soft drink cans, ice, disposable plates, utensils, and napkins added another $70 or so.

BTW, both outfits were great to work with, especially Mezzaluna, who included serving utensils, chafing stands and fuel cans. I'd have a harder time recommending RBB's trays of Danish pastry; the pastry itself was delicious, but practically drowning in the syrup glaze. They were also assorted by layers instead of randomly mixed, which in combination with the glaze made it hard to get to the delights on the lower layer. No such problems with the brunch platters though.