PORC (Purveyors of Rolling Cuisine) Food Truck

The PORC guys have been stopping by my office at 21st and M every Thursday so I've had many chances to try their stuff. My assessment is that they are definitely worth visiting, but for the most part, stick to the pulled pork. Most of their beef offerings have been only ok. Also not really a fan of the sides. The pork on the other hand is consistently good. PORC sauce that they make is also quite good. They are also pretty fast, and they take credit cards.

Tip: If you are not going to eat it like a sandwich, ask for the bbq with no bread. They tend to give you more meat.

Tip: If you are not going to eat it like a sandwich, ask for the bbq with no bread. They tend to give you more meat.

I tried a pulled pork sandwich for the first time yesterday, and I have no complaints about the portions of meat with that. Is it sometimes skimpy, in your experience?

Skimpy is how I would describe the truck next to it yesterday, the Big Cheese. The one time I had the grilled cheese, there was barely any cheese on it at all. I know Cowgirl Creamery cheese is of a higher price point, but this was a letdown (and the tomato soup really disappointing too, more like a salsa). Probably would stick to the Breadline four-cheese grilled sandwich.

I tried a pulled pork sandwich for the first time yesterday, and I have no complaints about the portions of meat with that. Is it sometimes skimpy, in your experience?

No actually, I never have had a problem, portions are totally fine. Just if you want more meat and/or don't eat it as a sandwich.

Had PORC at Chinatown Coffee Shop's Thursday food truck happy hour. Beef and Buffalo chicken were quite good, bacon wrapped dates (meat candy) were better. Paired with $3 Dale's Pale Ale and this is a great event. I'm all for this food truck/bricks and mortar synthesis. Chinatown Coffee has a liquor license but no kitchen, food truck brings people to a normally empty coffee shop at night.

The pulled pork sandwich today was mediocre at best.

I find it hard to believe that the meat was actually smoked, let only for 16 hours as they claim on their website...while a good pile of nicely shredded meat the pork was borderline flavorless.

The medium sauce was equally dull.

The slaw seemed to be just finally chopped up cabbage with maybe a hint of vinegar. Not the mayo-based slaw one generally associates with a pulled pork sandwich.

The $1 side of baked beans and sausage was adequate.

If they are shooting for Carolina-style then they have missed the mark...perhaps instead inventing DC-style (by way of Ann Arbor) pulled pork - bland and flavorless.

I think the pulled pork is good, but the pastrami is unbelievable...best i have ahd including all the major New York delis, Zingerman's in Ann Arbor, many Chicago delis, etc. Am really anxious for them to get some more cured to get it back on the menu.