Brunch in Frederick, MD

MsDiPesto

A friend and I are going up to the Frederick, MD vicinity to have dinner at the home of a couple in the mountains above Frederick this afternoon. We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn overnight to avoid a long drive home to VA immediately after, do any of you have any suggestion for a worthwhile brunch the next day? Or places to stay away from? Thanks!

A friend and I are going up to the Frederick, MD vicinity to have dinner at the home of a couple in the mountains above Frederick this afternoon. We'll be staying at the Hampton Inn overnight to avoid a long drive home to VA immediately after, do any of you have any suggestion for a worthwhile brunch the next day? Or places to stay away from? Thanks!

Volt? I haven't been yet for brunch, but I know people who have enjoyed it.

I'm sure it's good, but I'm going to be a Philistine and say that I'm looking for something a bit downscale of that. Plus, the fact that there were only prices for side dishes made my purse hide under the bed.

On edit: My friend and I were not knocked out by the Volt brunch menu on line. Or by any other places in Frederick that we could research on line. We decided to wait until we reached Rockville and go to the Silver Diner. As we expected, the line was out the door for SD, but we discovered the Matchbox branch next door, and had a very pleasant experience there.