Steamed Crabs

DonRocks

Someone just asked me, 'Don, if you were to buy steamed crabs around these parts, where would you go?' I didn't have an answer, and then it dawned on me ... there's this website called dr.com. Anyone have any ideas?

Somewhere on Maine Avenue? Seafood In The Buff?

I get them from Cameron's Seafood. The usually have a coupon in the Post food section. With a copy of the ad, a bushel of crabs was only $40 last week.

Someone just asked me, 'Don, if you were to buy steamed crabs around these parts, where would you go?' I didn't have an answer, and then it dawned on me ... there's this website called dr.com. Anyone have any ideas?

Somewhere on Maine Avenue? Seafood In The Buff?

come down to my neck of the woods..Waldorf and Laplata plenty of crab trucks and wholesellers

I used to get crabs regularly at the Wheaton Seafood in the Buff, but that was a few years ago. They might steam fresh on the weekends, but when I'd go after work, they would re-heat cooked crabs in some sort of steam cabinet (yes, you'd get a few overcooked crabs in each dozen).

Now I make the run up to Frank's Seafood at the wholesale market in Jessup. They often have cold cooked #2 males, which they call $1 crabs and I call "lunch".

I've had good luck with the Wheaton Seafood in the Buff. I usually go around mid-day on a Saturday and get a dozen of the largest they have, which are always freshly steamed, never re-heated. The crabs are nicely seasoned and they do a good job of packing the order to go. We eat a few for lunch and pick the rest to make crab cakes later in the week.