Hot Spots in Alexandria, VA

Choirgirl21

I have a friend coming in from out of town and a group of us may be going out for dinner and then spending the night at a friend's house in Alexandria. She lives near the intersection of King St. and W, Braddock so I think the whole Alexandria area is fair game. Wondering what the current hot spots are in the area for a group of people who love food. Generally no restrictions except that the out of town guest is a vegetarian so there need to be good options for her.

Restaurant Eve is on my list, but that may be out of the group's price range and a few of us have eaten there so I thought something newer might be more fun. I did look at the dining guide and am wondering about maybe The Majestic, Brabo, or Society Fair, possibly with a cocktail at Px beforehand. I rarely get down to VA to eat so this will be a special treat for me. Thanks for the input!

So far The Majestic looks like the best option to me both considering our vegetarian friend and my eternal desire for locally sourced and made in house food, but there aren't many recent reviews of it on DR so I'm curious if anyone has been recently and not posted a review? Also still open to additional suggestions.

So far The Majestic looks like the best option to me both considering our vegetarian friend and my eternal desire for locally sourced and made in house food, but there aren't many recent reviews of it on DR so I'm curious if anyone has been recently and not posted a review? Also still open to additional suggestions.

Lighthorse does a lot of locally produced veggies. I don't know if they have a strictly vegetarian selection for your friend (dedicated carnivore) but it wouldn't take more than a phone call to find out.

Lighthorse does a lot of locally produced veggies. I don't know if they have a strictly vegetarian selection for your friend (dedicated carnivore) but it wouldn't take more than a phone call to find out.

I checked them out at jandres374's suggestion, but I don't see a wine list on their website (they seem more beer focused). Anyone know what their wine selection is like? This is probably more of a wine crowd than a beer crowd.

I checked them out at jandres374's suggestion, but I don't see a wine list on their website (they seem more beer focused). Anyone know what their wine selection is like? This is probably more of a wine crowd than a beer crowd.

A fairly decent selection of wines. Nothing extravagant but, in the times we've been there, there has always been a decent selection of wines. (A disclaimer of sorts. We tend to pair wines rather than get whole bottles.)

I was there a few weeks ago for lunch, and thoroughly underwhelmed by a plate of ravioli, but MrP thought the bratwurst was fantastic. It was an awfully pricey meal, though.

• Like 1

That's real close to Del Ray, too (Evening Star, maybe?).

Ummm, no it's not. And if you consider Evening Star, you might also want to consider Del Ray Cafe, but it appears that Light Horse wins this round. Once Will left...well, let's just say it's different.

Ummm, no it's not. And if you consider Evening Star, you might also want to consider Del Ray Cafe, but it appears that Light Horse wins this round. Once Will left...well, let's just say it's different.

Evening Star (in Del Ray) is 1.7 miles from the intersection of King St. & West Braddock. LIght Horse (in Old Town) is 2.7 miles from the intersection of King St. & West Braddock.

Choirgirl, did this already happen and, wherever you ended up, how did it go?

Didn't see this thread until just now but reminded me I'd planned to post about Lighthorse a couple of months ago. Had an underwhelming dinner experience but it was just one visit so may not have been representative of what others love.

So I was planning to finally get to Px tomorrow before dinner at Lighthorse, but sadly I didn't realize reservations were required and of course now there are none left. Can anyone recommend another place in the area for a good craft cocktail before dinner? Our rez are at 7:30 so I would think it would be on the early side. I'd like to not have to walk far at all to get to Lighthorse.