Dining in King of Prussia

Is anyone here familiar with restaurants in the King of Prussia vicinity? A friend recommended Sullivan's Steakhouse, however they don't serve lunch. sad.gif

I'm looking for a nice spot to have dinner at with my mother tomorrow. Must be near the shopping temple that is King of Prussia. Nothing fancy required. I'm just trying to avoid going w/o a plan lest we wind up at TGIFriday's.

I just called my sister, who lives in Norristown, PA. She suggested the William Penn Inn, which is about 20-25 minutes away. They have a nice brunch, and she recommended asking for the Commonwealth Room, which is on the second floor.

She also mentioned Georges' on the Main Line, which is a suburban outpost of Georges Perrier (owner/chef at Le Bec Fin in downtown Philly. According to mapquest, this is about 10 minutes from King of Prussia Mall.

Wherever you end up, please file a report!

Unfortunately, we needed some place local so as to avoid getting too lost - neither of us know the area. Fortunately, Cheesecake Factory had a 90 minute wait at 1 pm (Mom would have been fine with that) so we didn't have to eat there. We ate at Bertolini's (sp?) and it was...fine. Not awful, but not great either. You know.

I spend way too many weekends as an indentured servant, err sorry, guest of my mother-in-law. When I can steal away from the glut of yard work that she needs done, I try to escape to Johnnie’s Dog House in Wayne. The dogs at this place are some of the best that I have had. I really enjoy them just plain, but their bacon cheese dog (wrapped in bacon with whiz) is quite a treat, and the corn dog is almost as good as a Cozy Dog. If you find yourself out on the Mainline or at King of Prussia, I would recommend a detour to this wonderful little shop [Johnnie's Dog House Closed in March, 2012].

Anyone have any suggestions for dinner spots?

This will get you numerous current recommendations:

site:chowhound.chow.com "king of prussia"

I sometimes use occasions like King of Prussia to try a chain that I never get around to trying in DC (Seasons 52, Legal Seafood, etc.).

The #5 pick doesn't bode well for Devon, but the top few show some promise (check Mayuree Cafe, also The Black Cafe Cafe which is not-for-profit - a lot of times, the employees at these "restaurants on a mission" view it as a labor of love, and it shows (I'm thinking now of The Little Grill)).

Blackfish is nearby in Conshohocken, about a 10 minute drive from KOP.  I haven't been, but heard good things about this little BYOB.  It was all the rage in Philadelphia a few years ago, and it sounds like they're still pumping out good food.

I almost commented before but refrained, since I didn't have any solid information. I was looking for a place for a meal in Conshohocken earlier this year, and it seems to be undergoing quite a dining renaissance. I was amazed at the options.  It's not all that far from King of Prussia and seems to have a number of good possibiltities. Unfortunately, I can't find my research notes, but it seems like a good town to look in if you'll be in KOP with a car.

I almost commented before but refrained, since I didn't have any solid information. I was looking for a place for a meal in Conshohocken earlier this year, and it seems to be undergoing quite a dining renaissance. I was amazed at the options.  It's not all that far from King of Prussia and seems to have a number of good possibiltities. Unfortunately, I can't find my research notes, but it seems like a good town to look in if you'll be in KOP with a car.

We have a Dining in Conshohocken thread. :)

We have a Dining in Conshohocken thread. :)

We do, and it will be great when people can update it.  The last update of that thread was nearly half a dozen years ago.  That's why I was doing my own research.  Partly it was fueled by a food blogger I read who had been living in Conshohocken a little before that, so I knew there was stuff going on to investigate.  Sadly enough from a culinary perspective, we ended up at an Olive Garden on the Roosevelt Blvd. in Philadelphia, which was good enough for what it was and needed to be.