Arcuri, Chef Richard Jones' Italian on Wisconsin Avenue in Glover Park

I went for lunch yesterday and really enjoyed it. I had the "smokey" pizza, which lived up to its name with smoked mozzarella, guanciale, sausage, pepperoni and scallions (nice to have that little bit of green freshness on an otherwise meat pizza). The smaller size (10") was just right for one person. Good selection of beers on tap. Friendly staff. Would definitely go back.

Can't verify this but heard yesterday from the dental hygienist cleaning my teeth said her NYer husband will only eat the pizza from here.  And there's a City Paper deal for it today - I'm tempted to get it out of curiosity.

This can mean that *only* the pizza is worth getting from here. :lol:

• Like 1

Six degrees of New York transplants being f--ing annoying.

I actually find this somewhat ironic in light of us discussing Bryce Harper ending his career as a Yankee.

On the radio the other week (undoubtedly NPR), I remember hearing something about "Al Kaline being important to Detroit, and Harmon Killebrew being important to Minnesota, and that's all very nice, but could you imagine if they had worn Yankee pinstripes?" It's true - they'd be just as famous as Mickey Mantle.

• Like 1