The Return of the Capitol Tour!

lovehockey

The tour guide is ready to go again!  After LauraB did such an excellent job of handling signups in February, I'm going to take the reins this time.

With apologies for the short notice, here are the dates she's willing to guide tours:

Saturday, November 23 at 11:00 a.m.

Saturday, November 30 at 11:00 a.m.

Due to rules not made by her, the maximum number of people in a tour is 15.  Priority will be given to those who were not on the tours in February.

Cost:  Free.

Further details will be PM'd to those who sign up, but they can be found at post #52 in the link below.

http://www.donrockwell.com/index.php?/topic/19023-drcom-capitol-tour-saturday-february-9th-at-11-am-and-2-pm-given-by-a-guide-who-has-done-this-for-15-years/?hl=%2Bcapitol+%2Btour

That is very generous of the tour guide!

I went in February and can't recommend this opportunity highly enough. I've been on Capitol tours many times. This one is truly special and will let you see places/things not available to most visitors. AND you get the benefit of a very knowledgeable guide to tell you all about them.

• Like 1

Guests, if you're reading this, and want the best tour of the U.S. Capitol you've ever been on (for free!), just become a member of donrockwell.com today, and sign up for this tour ASAP - new members are always welcome at every event! Yes, you can bring your families, but act quickly because these tours are going to fill up.

That is very generous of the tour guide!

I went in February and can't recommend this opportunity highly enough. I've been on Capitol tours many times. This one is truly special and will let you see places/things not available to most visitors. AND you get the benefit of a very knowledgeable guide to tell you all about them.

Ditto. This tour is truly a special opportunity to learn some really cool things about the Capitol. The guide is fantastic, and so generous with her time.

I really hope some folks are signing up behind the scenes, via PM.  If not - what are you all waiting for?!?!

(Blame the short notice!)

I have received responses via PM (people can also post here).

There is still plenty of room for both Saturdays.  February attendees are welcome to sign up again and bring along others.

(Blame the short notice!)

I have received responses via PM (people can also post here).

There is still plenty of room for both Saturdays.  February attendees are welcome to sign up again and bring along others.

lovehockey, I'm hoping you'll be kind enough to do one more tour sometime in mid-2014. That way, I can come! :)

My husband and I took this tour today with lovehockey as our guide.  What an incredible experience it was!  Her knowledge and enthusiasm for the history of the Capitol building is remarkable.  We thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a great deal.

I also learned that there are still quite a few spots available in the tour she is leading for DR.com members next Saturday, the 30th.  If you have 2 hours free that day between 11 am and 1 pm, and you have an interest in this, you should absolutely sign up via PM to lovehockey.  This is truly a rare opportunity -- a FREE tour of the Capitol building in a very small group.

Ditto what LauraB said above--our little group of five had a great time today, and it was far more comprehensive than the regular tour, even without access to the House and Senate chambers. Don't miss this chance if it comes up again. Thank you, lovehockey!