The Biggest Menu - Who's got it?

jayandstacey

I don't mean most items (though I wonder that too with the recent demise of Roy's Place in Gaithersburg), rather,

Who's got the BIGGEST menu?  As in...you sit down and you feel like God Him(Her)self just handed you The Tablets and your next move is to descend from the mountain?   As in...the menu/barrier dulls your senses; blocking all light, sounds and smells from you?   As in...you wonder what the restaurant is compensating for?

(note, this may belong in another area, or the trash bin ;) )

I don't mean most items (though I wonder that too with the recent demise of Roy's Place in Gaithersburg), rather,

Who's got the BIGGEST menu?  As in...you sit down and you feel like God Him(Her)self just handed you The Tablets and your next move is to descend from the mountain?   As in...the menu/barrier dulls your senses; blocking all light, sounds and smells from you?   As in...you wonder what the restaurant is compensating for?

(note, this may belong in another area, or the trash bin ;) )

The biggest wine list of all time was the one at Bern's Steak House from the 1980s.

---

[The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Shopsin's (Seanchai)]

Edited by DonRocks

The biggest wine list of all time was the one at Bern's Steak House from the 1980s. 

Back when I was a kid, we once went to the Flagstaff House in Boulder and the wine list was immense (2000 wines or something). Sadly, I went back a couple years ago and they'd replaced it with an iPad wine list. I was so looking forward to that huge hunk of paper...

Pure Lotus in Beijing.  Look at the fourth pic (at least in my feed) and you can see that the giant menu takes up half the table. 

Wow...that's like Vegas obnoxious.

Interesting.....all I can think of is your noted Roy's Place.  They had over 200 sandwiches and I remember looking at the menu, being blown away at the choices and almost paralyzed on what to do next.  Only place I can remember having that feeling.

I am usually flummoxed by the menu at Minh's in Arlington.  Its certainly not the largest number of choices.  Per its website, though, it has over 100 items on the menu.

Minh's is terrific.  Its highly rated here and in other review venues.  Its been around for a couple of decades now.

Its very convenient for me at work and afterwards and frankly is a terrific choice for an evening out.  I find the meals range from satisfying on the occasional weak side to absolutely scrumptious on the positive side.  The percentage of times it rates as positively scrumptious outweigh the simply satisfying by a huge factor.

Its the combination of the size of the menu, the vast amount of choices and my admittedly weak appreciation for the intricacies of Vietnamese cooking, even as it has been a significant contributor to the international dining scene in the DC region for decades with many excellent choices and destinations.

I think my resolution for 2014 is to better appreciate Minh's menu and its highlight dishes.  :D