Our Own Local Iron Chefs!

ustreetguy

Congrats Chris and Binni!

"You see, there are two kind of people in the world today

We have, the playaz, and we have, the playa haters”

(The Notorious B.I.G., from the song Playa Hater)

I am not a playa hater, I am not a playa hater, I really am not…

"You see, there are two kind of people in the world today

We have, the playaz, and we have, the playa haters”

(The Notorious B.I.G., from the song Playa Hater)

I am not a playa hater, I am not a playa hater, I really am not…

Exactly. Don't be a playa hayta. Be a playa-partici-payta. :)

Ok -- This is a little dated because I am only now watching a DVR'd episode of Iron Chef from Sunday. But our own Jamison Blankinship (formerly of the late lamented Nectar) is serving as sous chef to the Morimoto-Cora team on the IC Thanksgiving special. And he has enjoyed a major role -- for a sous chef. Last I heard of Jamison, he was picking apples contently at an orchard somewhere in NY state. Cool!

Ok -- This is a little dated because I am only now watching a DVR'd episode of Iron Chef from Sunday. But our own Jamison Blankinship (formerly of the late lamented Nectar) is serving as sous chef to the Morimoto-Cora team on the IC Thanksgiving special. And he has enjoyed a major role -- for a sous chef. Last I heard of Jamison, he was picking apples contently at an orchard somewhere in NY state. Cool!
Looks like he's chef de cuisine at Morimoto in NYC.

Fabio was robbed. Considering the number of criticisms that Michael Symon got on each of his dishes, and the much more refined plating of Fabio's, Fabio should have been a clear winner. Also, in his introduction, Fabio's biography was notable for completely leaving out his several years at Maestro. It's as if he went straight from London to Fiamma.

Fabio was robbed. Considering the number of criticisms that Michael Symon got on each of his dishes, and the much more refined plating of Fabio's, Fabio should have been a clear winner. Also, in his introduction, Fabio's biography was notable for completely leaving out his several years at Maestro. It's as if he went straight from London to Fiamma.

Watching it right now (via the miracles of DVR) and the biography was immediately noticeable. I'm like "What the hell, I know good and well he was in DC for years!"