Cigar-Friendly Restaurants

Cooter

I hope this is thre right place for this . . . the PX and dive bar threads are here, so . . .

Since growing a beard has failed to make me look like a completely pretentious asshole, I've started smoking cigars. With the weather getting brisker, I won't be able to smoke in my backyard. Can anyone suggest any good bars/restaurants that allow cigar smoking, preferably in DC (for the next few months anyway) or Northern Virginia?

With the weather getting brisker, I won't be able to smoke in my backyard. Can anyone suggest any good bars/restaurants that allow cigar smoking, preferably in DC (for the next few months anyway) or Northern Virginia?
The bar at Marcel's currently allows you to enjoy a cigar.

But keep in mind that the DC smoking ban goes into effect the first of next year. However, my understanding is that Shelly's is exempt from the ban. Seegars also should be OK as it is in Virginia, home to Altria Corp., parent of Phillip Morris.

I think until then you can also smoke a cigar at the bar at Oceanair Seafood Room. But, it's always a good idea to call ahead.

(I have it on good authority that cigar smoking goes on at DR.com picnics.) (Also, don't try it during a kids soccer game at a public school in Loudon County, the ref will yell at you to put it out)

But keep in mind that the DC smoking ban goes into effect the first of next year. However, my understanding is that Shelly's is exempt from the ban. Seegars also should be OK as it is in Virginia, home to Altria Corp., parent of Phillip Morris.

I think until then you can also smoke a cigar at the bar at Oceanair Seafood Room. But, it's always a good idea to call ahead.

(I have it on good authority that cigar smoking goes on at DR.com picnics.) (Also, don't try it during a kids soccer game at a public school in Loudon County, the ref will yell at you to put it out)

I think that an establishment qualifies for an exemption if at least 10% of revenue is generated from the purchase of cigars.

Anyone have any favorites that they have smoked lately?

My top three are:

1) La Aurora Cien Anos Belicoso

2) Davidoff Millenium Blend Piramides

3) The Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Torpedo Maduro

Mortons at both their D.C. locations (probably the others in the DC metro area as well, if local ordinances permit).

Also Bailly's sports bar in Ballston and Guarapo at Courthouse in Arlington.

Tullala was supposed to allow Cigars in the back bar, but I'm not sure if they followed thru.

Old Glory (located across from Georgetown Tobacco) not only allows Cigars, but will kick out any customer who complains about the smoke. :)

Tullala was supposed to allow Cigars in the back bar, but I'm not sure if they followed thru.

Not only is Tallula's back bar cigar friendly, we are currently working with a cigar shop to keep a roating stock of cigars available in our humidor. We try to pair a cigar with a beer for the final course in all our beer dinners (Dogfish Head, Smuttynose, Rogue) and keep an eye out for cigar events in the not too distant future. Cheers!

Other Virginia bars that allow cigars, to the point of encouraging them, are:

-Ireland's Four Provinces in Falls Church

-J Gilberts, Mclean

As to favorites, Partegas Series D among the Cubans, and Gloria Cubana Wavels or El Rey Del Mundo among the non Cubans

Not only is Tallula's back bar cigar friendly, we are currently working with a cigar shop to keep a roating stock of cigars available in our humidor. We try to pair a cigar with a beer for the final course in all our beer dinners (Dogfish Head, Smuttynose, Rogue) and keep an eye out for cigar events in the not too distant future. Cheers!

Yipee!

Excellent.

The Capitol Lounge used to have a cigar bar downstairs, but I haven't ventured past the main floor since they reopened, so I don't know if its still there. (I'm not sure what your criteria are for "good.")

Can anyone suggest any good bars/restaurants that allow cigar smoking, preferably in DC (for the next few months anyway) or Northern Virginia?
I know B. Smith's at Union Station sells cigars. Don't know if it qualifies as a cigar bar, but if it walks like a duck...