Bethesda Bar for a Company Celebration - Good Cocktails, Beer, Wine, Appetizers

Pool Boy

I am tasked with organizing a pre-launch customer go-live drinks thing near my office as we have a big customer going live. The company has done it before at places like Rock Bottom (boring), Gringos and Mariachis (OK), but looking for something different.  Suggestions for a place with a decent bar, ideally decent cocktails, and at least some tasty nibbles to go with?

Redwood? Barking Dog? Food Wine & Co? Tyber Bierhaus?

I am really kind of at a loss for a place in Bethesda that does decent cocktails, good beer and wine, ideally some beverages for the 2 or 3 under 21 crowd on staff, and decent appetizery stuff we can order to share. Having decent room for us to mill about would be good, so no tiny bar areas allowed. Not planning on securing a time or designated room as # of people is up in the air (probably up to 20), so just planning on heading wherever it is early (like 5)...

TIA!

Barrel & Crow is a great option - particularly in sunny weather.  Grab tables outside by 4:30 or so and you're good. We got 15 people there just last week and barely hit $150 for drinks and food due to the great happy hour specials.

Also check in with Grapeseed - they might be able to do their bar menu for you in addition to cocktails, beer & wine.  They lean more heavily to wine, though.

Food Wine & Co. I would hesitate on.  It gets crowded early due to the southern location.

4 hours ago, zgast said:

Also check in with Grapeseed - they might be able to do their bar menu for you in addition to cocktails, beer & wine.  They lean more heavily to wine, though.

Grapeseed has a private room they might let you have - I would write Jeff.

I would also consider calling the Wiedemaier Group and seeing what they have available.

zgast makes a good recommendation with Barrel & Crow (especially for beers), but I haven't been since Nick left.