Dining in Penn Quarter

On 5/31/2016 at 9:17 AM, DaRiv18 said:

Daikaya's sister chicken ramen shop, whose name escapes me now, opens next week I understand too. 

awesome, work around the block! 

Had awesome chicken ramen in Tokyo last month. Hopefully something close to that level!

Anyone got a favorite lunch spot around Bantam? Trying to develop a nice little rotation for lunch thats walking distance from the office

I am curious what is bantam?  I looked it up as a weight class in boxing and a poultry, neither of those seems to be the right context for a restaurant to be near.  I am not sure if China Chilcano is open for lunch, but they had an udon bowl with roasted vegetables that I would eat for almost any/every lunch.  I am also a huge Cava Grill fan- there is one on H ST there.  Not sure if these are as close as you were looking for.

China Chilcano is open for lunch (and I will have to try the Yaki Udon).

That Cava Grill is delicious but also jam-packed - I usually go there late or early to avoid the crush.

What is Raren Lamen? I can't find anything googling it.

16 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

I am curious what is bantam?  I looked it up as a weight class in boxing and a poultry, neither of those seems to be the right context for a restaurant to be near.  I am not sure if China Chilcano is open for lunch, but they had an udon bowl with roasted vegetables that I would eat for almost any/every lunch.  I am also a huge Cava Grill fan- there is one on H ST there.  Not sure if these are as close as you were looking for.

Bantam King

25 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

I am curious what is bantam?  I looked it up as a weight class in boxing and a poultry, neither of those seems to be the right context for a restaurant to be near.

Bantam is indeed in reference to the type of chicken -- because it's a chicken focused restaurant. And since it's replacing a Burger King, Bantam King is a play off the old place.

Yea I'm trying to keep the lunches to around $13 a day tax and tip included and with relatively quick service. Not that easy, but the pointers are greatly appreciated! Since I just started working out here I've tried going to a new place everyday. Luckily bikeshare is nearby and adds a lot of options.

Love the veggie ramen broth at Daikaya loaded with meat+eggs

-Wiseguys has been the best cheap/quick option if I have meetings right after lunch

-Chinatown Express was solid, if I was craving noodles I'd def come back. Will definitely check out Full Kee

-Cava is the best in terms of fast casual. Chipotle, Caltort are tier two

-Haven't done Daikaya for lunch yet but hoping it isnt too busy. Went to Toki when I had training over in Noma during lunch and it was surprisingly empty