Bars in DC for a 40th Birthday Celebration Post-Zaytinya for 10-12 People

pidgey

My husband is celebrating his 40th birthday in two weeks, and we have dinner reservations with another couple at 6:30 pm at Zaytinya. We're looking for a bar to meet up with several other friends, preferably a place that has cocktails as well as a nice wine list, and possibly even a food menu for those who haven't eaten yet. Any Chinatown/Penn Quarter/Shaw/close by downtown DC places come to mind? Possibly even H St or Capitol Hill. We haven't been to the Passenger since they've reopened in Shaw, but would consider it.

I should add that there will probably be 10-12 people altogether, so we're looking for a place that can accommodate our group without feeling too cramped by other folks in the bar. I like all of these restaurants so far; please keep suggestions coming!

Thanks DaRiv, Baby Wale was an excellent choice. The bar had plenty of room, and the drinks were great. My only complaint is that they had started to run out of food (a few appetizers and cookies) earlier than usual due to a large party upstairs. They had said it was okay to bring in cupcakes, which I didn't have a chance to pickup before hand. But otherwise, a good time was had by all.

• Like 2