I couldn't find a topic on this 10-year-old deli in Rockville, so let's kick it off.

I had a quality meal or two today at Bagel Towne Deli, an almost kosher deli owned by an Asian family in Traville Village Center. I started with the combo fish platter, which included sizable portions of belly lox and kippered salmon, accompanied by two bagels and plenty of garnishes -- cream cheese, shaved red onions, sliced tomatoes, sprouts, olives. It was really delicious and really filling....so, of course, I ordered another meal. This time it was chopped liver with accompaniments like rye bread and sliced onions and tomatoes. Wow, I was stuffed, and it all tasted so darned good.

Then I ordered carry out, so that Lady KN could enjoy some for dinner. As I waddled out of there, the owner said "See you for breakfast tomorrow!"

(There have been the occasional topic on Israeli food in this forum recently....THIS is Israeli food.)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I couldn't find a topic on this 10-year-old deli in Rockville, so let's kick it off.

I had a quality meal or two today at Bagel Towne Deli, an almost kosher deli owned by an Asian family in Traville Village Center. I started with the combo fish platter, which included sizable portions of belly lox and kippered salmon, accompanied by two bagels and plenty of garnishes -- cream cheese, shaved red onions, sliced tomatoes, sprouts, olives. It was really delicious and really filling....so, of course, I ordered another meal. This time it was chopped liver with accompaniments like rye bread and sliced onions and tomatoes. Wow, I was stuffed, and it all tasted so darned good.

Then I ordered carry out, so that Lady KN could enjoy some for dinner. As I waddled out of there, the owner said "See you for breakfast tomorrow!"

(There have been the occasional topic on Israeli food in this forum recently....THIS is Israeli food.)

I like the sound of that place.....but.

That isn't really Israeli cuisine.  Its rare in Israel.  While I haven't been back in ages I know that kind of deli food is "surprisingly" unavailable throughout the land.  I never knew why, but this article attempts to explain it.

It is the kind of food one can often find in Brooklyn though.  That meal sounds like a belly buster.  Shoulda washed it down with a Dr. Brown's.