Restaurants Offering "I Voted!" Discounts

12 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Ohhh.  Restaurants in Houston.  I read that and thought of the old Houston’s chain.

I think Dino’s is doing that in DC.  I suspect there are others 

oy.  This election is way too nerve racking for me.   Cripes 40+ years of voting and hearing “this is the most important election”  and now I believe it

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tweaked said:

Generally these kinds of "if you voted" specials violate election laws.  The more you know!

This doesn't make any sense. How is this different than organizing bus trips to the polls, and giving people free transportation?

5 minutes ago, Pat said:

I came across this tweet recently:

Martin Austermuhle was Editor-in-Chief of DCist, and I'm certain he was being sarcastic here.

28 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

This doesn't make any sense. How is this different than organizing bus trips to the polls, and giving people free transportation?

Martin Austermuhle was Editor-in-Chief of DCist, and I'm certain he was being sarcastic here.

I remember him from DCist. I've been following him on Twitter for quite a while. This may be sarcastic--I don't know--but anybody can report it. Fritz Han's piece in the Post also includes a warning that it is illegal but not usually enforced, and he makes a note that the lack of enforcement could change at any time.