Captain White Seafood City - Family-Owned Seafood Market since 1972 at The Wharf

Not sure if this should go under the Stores Guide or Restaurant Guide?

http://www.captainwhitesseafood.com/

Menu is best found by searching for images.  Last night we went to Captain White's to pick up some food to eat before a concert at the Anthem.  We got: Fried shrimp, hush puppies, MD crab soup and fries.  I thought the Maryland Crab soup was the win of the group.  It had really good flavor, I should have just gotten a large and some hush puppies.  The hush puppies were fine, I think they are likely better on a day that things are hopping down there, due to the weather it wasn't a prime choice last evening, but they weren't bad.  Hubby wanted some melted butter with them, I thought they were fine plain.  I think he prefers smaller hush puppies, but he is more into them than I am, I like plain cornbread, so I am fine with a large hush puppy.  The fried shrimp were fine, nothing bad, nothing special, fine, a nice portion for the price, fried fresh to order. The I think Ken's brand cocktail sauce they give you is really sweet- I normally make my own, so maybe commercial cocktail sauce is sweeter than I expect. Anyway, we got our meal and went up and stood at one of the tables up by the falafel shop, which worked well.  We weren't really in the mood for a sit down meal, and this worked well so we could get in and get good seats for the show.

1 hour ago, ktmoomau said:

Not sure if this should go under the Stores Guide or Restaurant Guide?

http://www.captainwhitesseafood.com/

Menu is best found by searching for images.  Last night we went to Captain White's to pick up some food to eat before a concert at the Anthem.  We got: Fried shrimp, hush puppies, MD crab soup and fries.  I thought the Maryland Crab soup was the win of the group.  It had really good flavor, I should have just gotten a large and some hush puppies.  The hush puppies were fine, I think they are likely better on a day that things are hopping down there, due to the weather it wasn't a prime choice last evening, but they weren't bad.  Hubby wanted some melted butter with them, I thought they were fine plain.  I think he prefers smaller hush puppies, but he is more into them than I am, I like plain cornbread, so I am fine with a large hush puppy.  The fried shrimp were fine, nothing bad, nothing special, fine, a nice portion for the price, fried fresh to order. The I think Ken's brand cocktail sauce they give you is really sweet- I normally make my own, so maybe commercial cocktail sauce is sweeter than I expect. Anyway, we got our meal and went up and stood at one of the tables up by the falafel shop, which worked well.  We weren't really in the mood for a sit down meal, and this worked well so we could get in and get good seats for the show.

[Katelin, I first went to Captain White's in the 1980s, and haven't been in probably twenty years - does it have any chairs and tables, or is it strictly carryout? (Chairs and tables usually seals the deal.) There's a nebulous borderland when a place sells prepared foods (like a bakery, or a food truck) about whether it's "Shopping" or "Dining" - I usually make the call on a case-by-case basis, often giving a place a thread in each forum (one for food that you eat there, another for food that you buy and take home)]

CaptainWhites.jpg

Don,

There are outdoor tables throughout the Wharf, and they have a covered pavilion right there, but not chairs and no inside- so I think it is more carry out, but a huge amount of people in summer at the Wharf go there and eat on the stairs at the Wharf right there. It is a weird no man's land of- I think they do a lot of business for people who eat it right there.  That is part of their menu above, they have a whole other huge amount of items on another board that include sandwiches, soups, other combos of things and specials. Just FYI.

• Like 2