Vosges Haute Chocolate Bacon Chocolate Bar

clayrae

Bacon Exotic Candy Bar

Applewood smoked bacon + Alder smoked salt + deep milk chocolate

Deep milk chocolate coats your mouth and leads to the crunch of smoked bacon pieces. Surprise your mouth with the smoked salt and sweet milk chocolate combination.

Link

Bacon Exotic Candy Bar

Applewood smoked bacon + Alder smoked salt + deep milk chocolate

Deep milk chocolate coats your mouth and leads to the crunch of smoked bacon pieces. Surprise your mouth with the smoked salt and sweet milk chocolate combination.

Link

Haha... actually I have a zotter bar from Austria that predates that bar. It is coffee-plum with caramelized bacon! They have a ton of other really strange exotic flavor combinations as well. Zotter joink

Yum yum, placed a order today, will let you know the results. Now what should I drink with it ?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bac...chocolate_chips

Deep, smooth red wine. Or did you want something non-alcoholic? PS- I've had this bar a few times now- it's great, but not as great as I would have hoped. The chorizo margarita at Moto last week was much better.

Yum yum, placed a order today, will let you know the results. Now what should I drink with it ?

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bac...chocolate_chips

Now see, now you got me all hot and bothered. How? Why? I was expecting a link talking about a new 'Bacon Bar' a la a 'Wine Bar' so that I could go eat 39 kinds of bacon (by the strip? by the lardon? By the slab? but the bit?)) and now all you're showing me is a chocolate bacon CHOCOLATE bar that I can order over the internet.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :blink:

My wife and I love this chocolate bar... it's not as obnoxious as you would think. The bacon is cooked really crisp so you just get a smoky, salty flavor with no big fat chunks. It pairs really well with the chocolate. There is even a suggested eating method which actually does make a difference in getting all the different flavors out of the bar.

Other than chewing? :( Do tell.

I don't remember it word-for-word, but I think it's something like:

"Break off a square, push it up to the roof of your mouth to let the chocolate melt and enjoy the flavor of the bacon and the salt."

Surprisingly, it actually made a little bit of difference to eat it that way.

I don't remember it word-for-word, but I think it's something like:

"Break off a square, push it up to the roof of your mouth to let the chocolate melt and enjoy the flavor of the bacon and the salt."

Surprisingly, it actually made a little bit of difference to eat it that way.

Are they the directions given here?

I must say, it does sound intriguing.

I got one of these bars for Christmas with Applewood Bacon and Bittersweet chocolate. I got it because I am a bacon freak, but when I looked at the label and saw a picture of a bacon strip on a chocolate bar I have to confess I was a little grossed out. Similarly, after trying it, I felt that it was not a divine convergence of the two most wonderful flavors in the world, but rather a jamming together of the wrong things. Am I crazy? What got me more than the flavor juxtaposition was the textures--the chewy room temp bacon pieces just felt wrong with the chocolate.

I had a similar experience in Rehoboth when my brother order a cone of bacon ice cream (anyone else had this? Right where the main drag meets the boardwalk). It was sugary, chewy and just not very good. I think that the idea is great, but some foods--as delectable as they are on their own--should best be left unmarried.