Sandwiches for the Office

ruslev

My suggestion is to call up Philadelphia (the city) and see if they deliver. I have still yet to find a sandwich in DC that I would call "good", but maybe that's just me.

On a serious note, though, if you really want to order sandwiches from somewhere, the best places in the area are the Italian Store (Arlington) and Cafe Phillips (Chinatown and Union Station, amongst others). For the most part, the rest of the places are overrated or chains.

My office wants to order sandwiches for lunch. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks

Too late for it today, but you can get pork shoulder, chicken with green sauce, or meatball sandwiches from Bebo on some days of the week if you order $50 worth. Do they taste as good as they did when they were only $5 and we had to stand in line for them at Galileo Grill? I don't know, but I want someone to find out.

My suggestion is to call up Philadelphia (the city) and see if they deliver. I have still yet to find a sandwich in DC that I would call "good", but maybe that's just me.

On a serious note, though, if you really want to order sandwiches from somewhere, the best places in the area are the Italian Store (Arlington) and Cafe Phillips (Chinatown and Union Station, amongst others). For the most part, the rest of the places are overrated or chains.

you could also call bebo in crystal city and order the pork shoulder panini or meatball panini. they deliver to the city with a 50 dollar minimum but the sandies are worth it

My office wants to order sandwiches for lunch. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks

What kind of sandwiches? Are we talking strictly deli fare? The Greek Deli has some great gyro/souvlaki/tuna/egg salad/falafel, etc on pitas, and we've gotten lunch platters from them on a number of occasions. Not sure of their delivery radius, though (19th and M).

Depends where you are in the city - in SW, we rely on The Atrium on School street - huge sandwiches with choice of fresh roasted turkey, beef or ham, plus the standard veggie choices, tuna, etc. They have full choice of condiments - wicked hot honey mustard, horseradish, cranberry sauce, decent tomatoes, etc. Not necessarily the innovation found at Breadline, but good quality none the less.

What kind of sandwiches? Are we talking strictly deli fare? The Greek Deli has some great gyro/souvlaki/tuna/egg salad/falafel, etc on pitas, and we've gotten lunch platters from them on a number of occasions. Not sure of their delivery radius, though (19th and M).

Greek Deli does great catering. I've never had their sandwiches delivered but they do a host of other things and really put on a nice spread. "The Best!" according to Kosta, and who am I to argue with Kosta?