Wok & Roll, Chinatown and Now Open in Adams Morgan

Really bad sushi, decent Chinese (although nowhere near as good as Chinatown Express when they're on or Tony Cheng's) and good bubble tea. There are approximately 40 better places in the area, so I have not had a good excuse to go back in the past couple years.

The only good sushi in Chinatown is at Oya and Zengo. I have not had anything passable in terms of traditional takeout in the 4 years I have worked down here.

Searched but couldn't find a thread for this one. Can anyone vouch for the quality of the sushi, or the Chinese food, here? I'm looking for some sushi takeout or delivery in the Chinatown area.

It isn't bad sushi, but it isn't that good either. Very mediocre. I did not care for their Chinese food, of which I have tried exactly one thing. I haven't been in a year or so.

In truth, I ignore this place.

Mediocre sushi, they have the standard dollar per piece happy hour special and the seating is more comfortable than Cafe Asia in case you can't stand CA's "furniture". I actually think their Spider Rolls are pretty good. It does make a guy wonder what that smell is, though. :angry:

It's from outside, the urine of the homeless. At least that's what it smelled like last night when I was walking by to Irish Channel for a pint.

And yet, it spawns a duo and lands itself in Multiple Locations guide now. How? (Second location in Adams Morgan, as tipped off by restaurant.com.)

And it has gotten no buzz around here. I mean ZERO, despite its location in the spot originally housing the Belmont Kitchen. Of course, it was preceded by some Mediterranean spot that also got no buzz. The location is pretty much ideal--I remember treating Dame Edna to a bottle of champagne for his birthday around midnight on the patio (we were a lot younger then :mellow: ). Sigh. Why is the ratio between good and bad food so out of whack in AM?