Dinner For an Eighteenth Birthday

RaisaB

Hi guys! Tomorrow is my sons' eighteenth birthday. He is not having a party (at least that I know of) but what restaurant do I take him to? Don't worry, I suggested he invite a bunch of friends to Hooters but I think he wants family for tomorrow (aww...). I have asked him but he wants me to come up with a place. Suggestions please! I have been out of the loop for quite a while! He is not the most adventurous at trying new things, but he loves fine dining! Thanks so much! Love y'all!

Hi guys! Tomorrow is my sons' eighteenth birthday. He is not having a party (at least that I know of) but what restaurant do I take him to? Don't worry, I suggested he invite a bunch of friends to Hooters but I think he wants family for tomorrow (aww...). I have asked him but he wants me to come up with a place. Suggestions please! I have been out of the loop for quite a while! He is not the most adventurous at trying new things, but he loves fine dining! Thanks so much! Love y'all!
Both of my sons really liked The Palm at that age. And, when you're eighteen, it's likely that you can actually finish the giant slab of meat that they put in front of you.

Depending on what would constitute new things, how about Le Paradou (for the fine dining aspect), or The Source? I realize that Le Paradou may be a bit sedate for an 18 year old, but Cityzen and Citronelle are likely to be booked.

I remember my father taking me to the Prime Rib in Baltimore. Today, if I had a son, I would do the same, or go to RTC, Morton's or another great steak house. I also ordered a gin and tonic (Baltimore was 18 for beer and wine at the time).

My grandmother took me to a local French restaurant for my 21st, I was less enthused about this.

BLT? It's not quiet, conservative fine dining, but it's well dressed and I think a young guy might be impressed with it.

The steaks are good and some of the sides are great (the succotash for one!).

Montreal (or anywhere in Quebec). He'll be of the legal drinking age there. :blink:
You li'l sh*t! Too funny! Spoken like a true Canadian! I am SURE that is where he would want to go!

K Turkey: What is BLT? (besides a sandwich?) I must be really out of the loop!

Steakhouses sound good....

You li'l sh*t! Too funny! Spoken like a true Canadian! I am SURE that is where he would want to go!

K Turkey: What is BLT? (besides a sandwich?) I must be really out of the loop!

Steakhouses sound good....

BLT is Laurent Tourondel's steak house, a copy of his place in NY. A la carte steaks, raw bar, etc. The give some great "extras" - a jar of pate as an amuse, huge, airy, hot popovers as the bread, and some dessert snacks with the check.

http://www.bltsteak.com/