NCAA Tournament Lunches

dgreen

If you're downtown and don't want to deal with the shitshow that is ESPNZone, I'll throw out the Old Dominion Brewery at the Convention Center. Food is pretty decent (especially for bar food) and you can get beer towers for a decent price for the table. Plenty of TVs and it's always pretty empty so you won't have to fight for a seat.

More downtown places to watch below:

RFD -- great beer selection. Standard bar food.

Rocket Bar -- great beer selection (not quite as good as RFD), but lots of TVs and other distractions. Usually no food, but they'll allow you to bring in (California Tortilla, Pot Belly, and Chop't are next door).

Green Turtle -- food is mediocre, at best, but they have lots of TVs.

ESPNZone -- see the post above.

Lucky Strike -- decent bar food, but overpriced. They can never seem to handle the TVs either.

Bar Louie -- decent bar food. A good amount of TVs.

There's a new place called Penn Quarter Tavern (on Indiana -- used be Top Shelf), but haven't been there.

More downtown places to watch below:

RFD -- great beer selection. Standard bar food.

Rocket Bar -- great beer selection (not quite as good as RFD), but lots of TVs and other distractions. Usually no food, but they'll allow you to bring in (California Tortilla, Pot Belly, and Chop't are next door).

Green Turtle -- food is mediocre, at best, but they have lots of TVs.

ESPNZone -- see the post above.

Lucky Strike -- decent bar food, but overpriced. They can never seem to handle the TVs either.

Bar Louie -- decent bar food. A good amount of TVs.

There's a new place called Penn Quarter Tavern (on Indiana -- used be Top Shelf), but haven't been there.

I watched the Stanford/UCLA game upstairs at Penn Quarter Tavern last Saturday early evening and was mildly impressed. Upstairs were numerous quite large flat screen TVs that were tuned in to a few different games. My wife and I had the cheeseburger and the turkey pesto sandwich. Each was much better than I thought they would be, given the standard sports bar vibe of the place. A major plus was that the bread seemed of good quality and the ingredients fresh. Service, however, was definitely slow and indifferent, especially given that the place was not very crowded. We waited at least 10 minutes for our first round of beers, which is criminally long when you are in a half-empty sports bar and are watching basketball. I would definitely return, but be wary of decent service if the place is too full.

From The List Are You On It:

College Basketball at J. Paul's

March is here and the Madness is back! Join us during the games and watch your favorite teams fight for victory.

We've got the Package, the games will be on and the crowd will be cheering!

$3 Budweiser & Bud Light Drafts

$3 Miller Light Drafts

$4 Michelob Ultra

Specials offered only at bar during game times.

$3 Bud - NFW!!!!