Dinner for Six on Inauguration Day with My In-Laws near Pentagon City

fuzzy510

Family is in town from Arkansas.  Looking for something for Friday night.  Her parents are not the most adventurous diners in the world, but there's no reason to resign ourselves to the nearest TGI Chilibee's.

Thanks in advance!

---

[NB - I changed the title and tagged the thread. Rocks]

I 2nd Epic Smokehouse as it is right in Pentagon City.  Haven't been there in 2 years so I can't compare it to Texas Jacks which is very close to Pentagon City and is the beneficiary of excellent commentary that is far more current and deserved in its own right imho. ( I liked Epic the 2 or 3 times I was there). Excellent burnt ends.

12 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

Texas Jack's BBQ.

3 hours ago, weezy said:

Epic Smokehouse is another option.

2 hours ago, DaveO said:

I 2nd Epic Smokehouse as it is right in Pentagon City.  

If it wasn't a family dinner for six, I'd go with Texas Jack's, but I think Epic Smokehouse may be a better choice for a larger party of varying ages and tastes - make sure to get a reservation (don't forget that a *lot* of people are in town). I liked the burnt ends, but didn't love them - the owner recommended them to me when I was there, and I have a feeling they may have overcooked them that day (a paradox, I realize)).

31 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

If it wasn't a family dinner for six, I'd go with Texas Jack's, but I think Epic Smokehouse may be a better choice for a larger party of varying ages and tastes - make sure to get a reservation (don't forget that a *lot* of people are in town). I liked the burnt ends, but didn't love them - the owner recommended them to me when I was there, and I have a feeling they may have overcooked them that day (a paradox, I realize)).

I agree with Don that the setting at Epic is probably better for a group of six with varying ages.(all contingent on bbq being a choice between the two)  If I recall the booths are large and comfortable for a group of six.  At the time I enjoyed the burnt ends but I haven't been back in over two years...so I suppose they aren't "that out of this world"  ;)   Reservations are probably a must idea for this weekend especially.