Bistro Bistro, Sterling Location Closed in 2011, Shirlington Location Closed in 2012

It looks like the Shirlington Bistro Bistro filed a trademark on the name, but that it was subsequently cancelled in 2004 because the owner failed to file the necessary declaration that the mark was still in use.

Could be a mere coincidence, but I'm just about the only customer in the Shirlington-based establishment right now. All of the other restaurants with outdoor seating seem either packed to the gills or at least hopping. I wonder if name confusion coupled with the latest review has anything to do with that at all.

And speaking of hopping, a starling just hopped on my foot. My food has not even arrived yet, impatient thing.

The first four appetizers on the lunch menu indicate a Moroccan influence in the kitchen, so I'd veer toward dishes that sound North African, e.g. the short-rib tagine.

Not anymore - right now, the menu is very much Italian.

Could be a mere coincidence, but I'm just about the only customer in the Shirlington-based establishment right now.

Did you try the "troth almondin?"

From the Bistro Bistro Dupont Circle thread:

I take it this place is related to Bistro Bistro in Shirlington?

Man, I hate to pick on a place, but ...

Typos and misspellings happen to everyone, but they really shouldn't happen on restaurants' websites.

Here is the selection du jour from Bistro Bistro's website:

By all means, start off with a bottle of that great "Champagne," "Gordon Negro Brut."

Then peruse the dinner menu, where their "head chef a painstakingly selected the best dishes, the freshest ingredients, and ensure great presentation. Daily!"

And you'll need to drink that Gordon Negro quickly, because the "Plat d'Huitre" apparently comes with only one oyster.

There's more, but I'll stop here and ask again: Why can't restaurants pay a friend $20 to proofread their menus?

From the Bistro Bistro Shirlington thread:

Did you try the "troth almondin?"

Okay, these restaurants may not be related, but it seems like whoever does their website menus, is.

Click here for:

Caramelized Onion and Greyere Tart

Bristo Chicken Salad

Coqan Vin

There's more, but I'll stop here and ask: Can this really be coincidence?

Okay, so here's what I gather:

1. The Bistro Bistro in Shirlington and Sterling were related, but unrelated to the Bistro Bistro in Dupont Circle

2. The Bistro Bistro in Sterling closed in 2011.

3. The Bistro Bistro in Shirlington closed last month, so that company (or at least that aspect of the company) no longer exists.

4. The Bistro Bistro in Dupont Circle marches on, but does not have a thread yet on this website, hint, hint. :)