$50 To Spend On Anything Food Related

hillvalley

Let's say $50 magically landed in your pocket and it must be spent on a food related item.  What would you buy. 

Would you head to the store or use the wonders of the Internet to buy some random item only you would enjoy?

I'm one of those weird people who think that virtually NOTHING tastes as good as it does shared with friends or loved ones--excepting chocolate :lol: . (No, my name is not Pollyanna.)

Ask yourself this: would you pay that much for a bottle of wine or on some foie gras from Hudson Valley without the windfall? How about a bottle of truffle oil?

Let's say $50 magically landed in your pocket and it must be spent on a food related item.  What would you buy. 

Would you head to the store or use the wonders of the Internet to buy some random item only you would enjoy?

Hm, methinks somebody's looking for some ideas about how to spend a piece of her birthday largesse. :lol:

I'm going to assume you mean food of some kind, rather than durable goods related to the preparation thereof...

I would avail myself (and by extension, my buddies who'd get to share it) of some chocolates: I'd pick up some of Jacques Torres' Wicked Hot Chocolate, then round it out with an assortment. Or if the time of year was bad for shipping, I'd probably pick up some Blanxart from Sur La Table, assuming they had the spiced chocolate in stock.

Knowing that you like to spend some time in the kitchen I think a kitchen tool or good cookbook would be a great way to spend the dough. I am sure you are like the rest of us and have those things on your list that you would really love to get, but just cannot justify spending 'your' dollars on them. Well now you have that chance.

I would also recommend that you cruise the Internet for said tools as they usually can be found for a pretty good price.

Let's say $50 magically landed in your pocket and it must be spent on a food related item. What would you buy.

(down payment on) Le Crueset!

Louise

Hm, methinks somebody's looking for some ideas about how to spend a piece of her birthday largesse. :lol:

Actually the conversation started when my friend found a travelers check in an old wallet. We spent our lunch hour dreaming of what we would do with it and I thought I would continue the conversation here :huh:

Since I have literally no more room in my kitchen for any more gadgets or even much more food I can up with using it to purchase some caviar. My friend thought I was nuts, but what else is new?

Actually the conversation started when my friend found a travelers check in an old wallet. We spent our lunch hour dreaming of what we would do with it and I thought I would continue the conversation here :huh:

Since I have literally no more room in my kitchen for any more gadgets or even much more food I can up with using it to purchase some caviar. My friend thought I was nuts, but what else is new?

with a little careful shopping you can get two quite swell bottles of wine (I'll bet Riley would recommend something) which, given your level of alcohol tolerance ,would keep you buzzed for a week. :lol:

If you've got no room for more gadgets, then yes, I think the caviar idea is the way to go. It takes up almost no room at all!

I don't like caviar, so I'd probably splurge on some other consumable that I wouldn't usually buy. Almonds in rosemary honey, some of those ridiculously expensive crackers, and one of those $30/lb cheeses.