Passover in DC

keithdcil

A few years back, I attended a Passover dinner at Spago in Chicago. The menu was modern (non-kosher) interpretations of traditional jewish foods paired with Austrailian passover wines. They also had a non-religious service in english lead by a spiritual adviser to Wolfgang's daughter who was the GM. My goyish friends and I had a blast. Anything like this in DC?

Dino's Passover meal is great.

I thought of that too, but of the 4 criteria requested (Passover-inspired foods, kosher wines, service, and rabbi-type), Dino provides only the first...

Equinox and Hudson last year also did Passover-style menus, but I don't remember hearing anything about an event associated with their meals either.

Brett, Daniel and Grover, Thanks! Those are all great options. Dean Gold (Dino) has it listed as "Ella's Passover Dinner" on his website. I will call Todd Gray (Equinox)and Allan Popovsky (Hudson) since they don't have them advertized and report back.

When is passover and what's Dean serving?
This year Passover begins April 8th and continues for seven days . On the first and second nights observant jews have a formal dinner called a Seder and for the rest of the holiday they avoid certain "leavened" foods like bread.

From Dino's website: My Mother Ella was famous for her Passover dinners. Even when the various branches of our family were not talking to each other, we always had a full house at the Gold's! We will be offering her favorites: haroset, chopped chicken liver, matzoh ball soup, gefilte fish, your choice of lamb, roast chicken or fish and special passover treats for dessert. Our 5 course feast is $55 per person, $25 for kids. We will have a flight of 4 glasses of wine (not kosher!) to accompany your meal for $30. If you wish to celebrate Seder with us for the first two nights, please bring your own Haggadah and we will provide the Seder plate!