Euro Market Cafe, Cafe Serving Coffee and Sandwiches on Wilson Blvd. and N. Veitch St. in Courthouse

Something new is coming to the former Mr. Hibachi space - a banner hanging over the entrance says "Chez Manelle - coming soon".

The Perfect Pita has added another location in the Courthouse plaza. It's very small, with no seating. They have decently priced and what seem to be reasonably healthy sandwiches. I prefer the chicken hummus veggie pitas (also available with turkey, gyro, etc). Choice of regular or whole wheat pitas and you can also choose one of their four hummus options (Jalapeí±o - Black Bean & Cilantro - Roasted Red Pepper - Regular). The sandwiches run $5-6, as do their salads and pizzas.

A far better Gyro is served at Euro Market Cafe on the corner of Wilson Blvd. and N. Veitch. Far better.

A far better Gyro is served at Euro Market Cafe on the corner of Wilson Blvd. and N. Veitch. Far better.

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to give them a try. Picked up a menu a little while back and was amused that they have Happy Hour - from 4-6:30pm a chicken or steak quesadilla with a bottle of beer or glass of house wine is $5.50. Not a bad price if the quesadilla is decent!

Euro Market Cafe makes excellent omelettes at breakfast-time -- good quality fresh mozzarella and goat cheese are options. They are also the only place I've ever been that serves peach muffins, with bits of fresh-tasting peach in them. Fresh baked on the premises, I believe they said (and I've certainly gotten them when they're hot, out of the case so it's not that they heated them up).

I'll have to try their gyro! Never had read the post above.

I was reminded again how good the coffee is at Courthouse Euro Market and Cafe at Wilson and Veitch Streets, in Courthouse.  I may have referenced it in this thread some years ago. The other morning while sipping coffee, one person at one table exclaimed to the staff;   "This is seriously good cup of coffee".  And so it is.   Unfortunately I don't know where their beans are sourced.  They roast them on their own, in a local warehouse.  She asked about the beans and so did I.  Its clearly one of the superior alternatives in that little neck of the woods.