25th Anniversary Dinner

Tobey

It's a bit short notice, but looking for suggestions for the 25th wedding anniversary dinner, which is on Wednesday. I've culled through some of the reviews, but can't make up my mind. B)

Best chef's tables to try for reservations maybe? (This could be fun, my husband just emailed to say I can pick, any place sounds good!)

Not a chef's table, but I think that Corduroy would be a nice place for such an event. Another option would be Marcel's.

I second Marcel's. Also, it is gesnerally easy (too easy) to get a table at the sublime Oval Room.

Get the tasting menu at Fiola, I would.

While I'm sure the tasting menu is great, I found it VERY noisy on my one visit to Fiola. Not ideal (in my opinion) for a special occasion.

On the other hand, the bar at CityZen might fit the bill - but that's more about my tastes these days. If you want the more formal dining experience, there are reservations at CityZen available for Wednesday (per OpenTable).

I've never been to Marcel's but I'm sure you wouldn't go wrong there, either, and they also show availability on OpenTable.

We did our anniversary dinner on Friday at Eola in Dupont Circle. It was a terrific meal, nicely paced and came in right around $200. We also had the place pretty much to ourselves.

Big fan of Eola, sorry to hear that they're not busy on a Friday night. This place used to turn less often used parts of the animal into creative and tasty dishes. I see the menu now is comprised of more mundane cuts of the animal. Nevertheless, I expect a high level of execution. menu

Thanks to all who replied. After consulting my husband, we went to Marcel's. It was lovely. We got the five course tasting menu, and of course, did not miss the boudin blanc, which was amazing!

Pam B)