Pepper Spray

DonRocks

Haven't been maced in awhile, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the varieties of sprays currently at market. I read somewhere that up to 99% of Americans now have product awareness - maybe for the spring picnic we can have a demonstration, followed by a blind sniffing.

Also looking for thoughts on organic vs. industrial; fresh-chopped vs. sun-dried; loca-pore vs. rectal.

I read somewhere that it was more economical to purchase a small can of wasp spray, to use as a deterrent. As much as I think about tasers, those cute pink pepperspray guns, & actual firearms, I have only armed myself with a leftover aluminum baseball bat-& if I get hit tonight, I still have other stuff I haven't revealed...

Haven't been maced in awhile, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the varieties of sprays currently at market. I read somewhere that up to 99% of Americans now have product awareness - maybe for the spring picnic we can have a demonstration, followed by a blind sniffing.

Also looking for thoughts on organic vs. industrial; fresh-chopped vs. sun-dried; loca-pore vs. rectal.

Don, have you checked the reviews on Amazon.com for the pepper spray product preferred by the UC Davis police? As of this writing, there are fully 320 reviews, up from 6 earlier in the week. Must be very popular.

After searching the interwebs without success for self defense products suitable for my college-going daughter, I suddenly remembered this site is an amazing resource. 

I initially thought about a discrete pepper spray device, but I also saw a sonic alarm. 

Appreciative for all advice other than lethal options, please. :-)

Thanks.

My cousin has a discreet, but if you look at it you know what it is, pepper spray that attaches by clip to the outside of her purse.  If your daughter is a fashionable person she might not like the look of it, you know what it is, but inside a bag, it might be harder to get to.  I liked the Cuff thing that came out, the ones already made appear to work, but they appear to no longer be in business, something like that would likely be ideal.  I was going to get one of those for my Mom.  Here are some alternatives to that: 

"Personal Safety" on wearable-technologies.com