Weekend with Wheels - Where to Go?

dcandohio

Next Saturday (1/21) we are getting a ZipCar in DC and want to travel to have a lunch experience that we can't do easily via the metro. We've walked as far as Eden Center from the metro, so I'd prefer some recs that are really, truly, not metro accessible. We are thinking about Honey Pig or Bangkok Garden, but are open to suggestions. We definitely want something ethnic, and preferably something that isn't easily available in DC proper (where we eat all the time), or that is so much better in the burbs. We like everything, but +1 is allergic to shellfish so that has to be a consideration. Thanks, Rockwellians.

Kliman pimped this place on his weekly chat...I have no idea if it is close to a metro station or not!

* Banh Mi DC Sandwich, Falls Church

#1 Combination and #2 Roast Pork. $3.75 apiece. Vivid reminders of what the boring and/or dumbed-down others all miss—the peppery bite, the pronounced sharpness of the pickling, the balance between meats and condiments, the lightness of the loaf.

otherwise I have been very interested in trying the Laos menu at Bangkok Golden...you could do both!

or drive up to R&R Taqueria in Elkridge, MD

I think we're going to try the Lao menu at Bangkok Garden. I will report back, if we do. We are new to the ZipCar experience, and I'm afraid we're going to spend lots of money renting cars to eat beyond our metro borders. Could be bad for the wallet and the waistlines...

A bit late to this thread, but I would highly recommend a daytrip to Ashby Inn during better weather. Big Sky Meadow nearby has a nice 2-3 hour hike and there are some cute towns nearby. The food at Ashby Inn (still available for 30% off via Savored) is terrific.