Restaurants near Strathmore Hall

kirite

We hve tired of Seasons 52 and Addie's seems to have declined. Any recs for dinner near Strathmore Hall?

It is very easy to tire of Seasons 52. If Addie's has declined, that's news to me - Black Market Bistro in Garrett Park is always a really pleasant choice, and best of luck finding it without a GPS. :)

Good luck getting a table at BMB even on a weeknight without a wait.

Less than 10 minutes due west on Tuckerman is Burger Joint, if you want to go casual. Also, 10 minutes down 355 and you can reach all of the restaurants in the north part of the Bethesda dining district - Passage to India, Grapeseed, Freddy's, etc.

At Montrose and 355 is Tony Lin's, a very good Chinese restaurant with a translated Chinese menu. And a few blocks east on Randolph is El Patio, a lovely little Argentinean place.

I'm curious about Tony Lin's. I work nearby and have never been to Tony Lins. Any specific dish recommendations? I can't really add any other recommendations to this list- maybe Matchbox although I'm a bit tired of it. Black Market Bistro is worth finding and they do take some advance reservations- although they limit the number.

I like the hot pots at Tony Lin's, fresh bacon with preserved cabbage, pork belly with garlic stem, shredded <pick your meat> with yellow leeks. Honestly, I've worked my way through a lot of the menu, and haven't really found anything I'm unhappy with. Seafood is better at Seven Seas up the street, so I usually don't get seafood here.

If you're going to trip up to Matchbox, much better off going to Pizza CS across the street.