The Biggest News I've Ever Seen

jayandstacey

I guess if it's that important to you... :wacko: (Think I'd prefer the 356 Speedster)

You mean the Karmann Ghia-looking thing? ;)

Eh, not important per se - but pretty cool. To buy that TV = about $650,000. The 356 Speedster = about $50,000, maybe $100,000 in top shape. I'm not sure which could

- resell for more

- provide more fun

- cost more in repairs and upkeep.

But I do know I'm not actually in the market for either right now.

That ad does not appeal to me in the least. I would rather sit in that garden reading, watching birds, and listening to abosolutely nothing than have it all ruined with some giant, ugly, loud TV. Then again, I don't carry the requisite gadget chromosome.

• Like 1

That ad does not appeal to me in the least. I would rather sit in that garden reading, watching birds, and listening to abosolutely nothing than have it all ruined with some giant, ugly, loud TV. Then again, I don't carry the requisite gadget chromosome.

I can see this product having some use in public spaces (city parks, outdoor amphitheaters, etc.), but I just don't see them selling too many to private homes. It's remarkable that someone took the time and expense to design and build such a thing, but at some point you have to think about world hunger, Guinea worm, etc. :)

If Diane Sawyer was on, it could quite literally be the biggest news you've ever seen.

I can see this product having some use in public spaces (city parks, outdoor amphitheaters, etc.), but I just don't see them selling too many to private homes. It's remarkable that someone took the time and expense to design and build such a thing, but at some point you have to think about world hunger, Guinea worm, etc. :)

If Diane Sawyer was on, it could quite literally be the biggest news you've ever seen.

I thought about public use as well, but I think large-screen jumbotron things work just as well at a lower price, and you wouldn't have to build the underground missile silo. For the record, Mr. lperry said, "Wow." but liked the car best of all.

$650 K that is nuts. Its worth about 13 different elevators for your car in a 2 story garage. cripes Or you could find a company like this one and rent when you need it. http://www.funflicks.com/washington-outdoor-cinema-rental.html or you could go to outdoor movies at Strathmore or on the mall.

Or, instead of watching a dumb movie on your 650k mumbojumbotron, you could just skip it and let things happen with your sweetie on that nice sofa (much cheaper and lots more fun)!

$650 K that is nuts. Its worth about 13 different elevators for your car in a 2 story garage. cripes Or you could find a company like this one and rent when you need it. http://www.funflicks.com/washington-outdoor-cinema-rental.html or you could go to outdoor movies at Strathmore or on the mall.

Or

here

or

here

or

here,

all of which are a 90 minute drive from Gaithersburg (in 3 different directions) and will let in a car load of people for a few bucks to watch a movie on some of the largest movie screens in the world.

But that part where it rises like slow missle from the ground - that part is kinda cool.

Oh come on people! If you are absolutely filthy stinking rich, like Scrooge McDuck rich, this is about the best thing ever!

They'll sell a ton of them if they market it properly, (like to anyone who buys Ace of Spades....NBA players come to mind, Bieber, that crazy gambling boxer, etc.)

Or, for the less-than-$650K-household-income masses at a much more reasonable price, click below and have just a bit of patience for it to load if on a slower connection. Be sure to test the GVT, Translator and Coffee Maker as first priorities after it loads.

Not yet too well known with all the buzz around iPhone and Blackberry10 due out in a couple of weeks. This does not come with a chilled bottle but, then again, you probably wouldn't want it to.

This is the future.