Last-Minute Reservation Jan 12th: Help!

MBK

My best friend from childhood just told me she's coming to town tomorrow, and I'm trying to make a reservation for dinner. Someplace yummy, but not too fancy (we're both hoping to wear nice jeans). Of course, many places are all reserved with Restaurant Week. Anyone have any suggestions? It looks like I can get a reservation at 15 ria, drinx, Sonoma, or Viridian. (I will already have been to Corduroy, Indique, Acadiana, Palette, and Kaz this week -- so would like to try someplace else.)

An added wrinkle is, she and I have a lot to catch up on, and I'd like to pick a place that is mellow enough for us to really sit and enjoy a great meal and talk.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

My best friend from childhood just told me she's coming to town tomorrow, and I'm trying to make a reservation for dinner.  Someplace yummy, but not too fancy (we're both hoping to wear nice jeans).  Of course, many places are all reserved with Restaurant Week.  Anyone have any suggestions?  It looks like I can get a reservation at 15 ria, drinx, Sonoma, or Viridian.  (I will already have been to Corduroy, Indique, Acadiana, Palette, and Kaz this week -- so would like to try someplace else.)

An added wrinkle is, she and I have a lot to catch up on, and I'd like to pick a place that is mellow enough for us to really sit and enjoy a great meal and talk.

Go and sit in the front room of Palena and enjoy yourselves.

My best friend from childhood just told me she's coming to town tomorrow, and I'm trying to make a reservation for dinner.  Someplace yummy, but not too fancy (we're both hoping to wear nice jeans).  Of course, many places are all reserved with Restaurant Week.  Anyone have any suggestions?  It looks like I can get a reservation at 15 ria, drinx, Sonoma, or Viridian.  (I will already have been to Corduroy, Indique, Acadiana, Palette, and Kaz this week -- so would like to try someplace else.)

La Chaumiere.

Palena front room would be great, but you might have to wait a little, even this week. But it's a lovely atmosphere and certainly fits the bill for great food.

In a completely different vein, there's Bangkok Joe's, down on the Georgetown waterfront. The space is really elegant but you won't be underdressed in nice jeans. Fancy cocktails, dumplings, Thai stuff. Would at least be a departure from the (long list of) other places you're visiting this week!

I've never had to wait for a seat at Palena, but granted, usually arrive around 6:45 at the latest. I would definitely suggest you go there if you can get there early! (had another wonderful meal there last night, for Mr. Squids' bday)  :)

This is true if you come early. Last Friday we got in about 8.45 and had to hang out at the bar for about half hour to get seated. The food is worth it and being at the bar is no punishment; I was just trying to say that seating is not always immediate.

Thanks, all. We went to Palena and had a fantastic meal, which I'll write about later on the Palena thread. Suffice to say, I'm not sure why I haven't been to the cafe there many many times. I'll be back often!